Advice on Freeview/Sattelite signal

howardg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD (no subscription to HD)
My Location
south scotland
Dear Geniuses,

I have just bought a new 37" Panasonic with built in Freeview tuner.

I am in a location where I can't get a terrestrial signal worth talking about, so only have a signal through satellite.

I have connected the tv to all my usual devices, and everything looks great.

My question is, can I connect anything that will allow me to tune the Freeview tuner in so that we can have something different showing on this tv than the others using the Sky+ coax output?

I guess that it isn't possible as the Sky signal is different to the Freeview Terrestrial, but if any of you knows better, I would be grateful for advice.

Thanks in advance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Why not get yourself a freesat HD box, then you'll have alternative viewing.:) Just run another cable from the LNB into the room.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yep, a Freeview receiver/TV with one built in won't work on satellite, and there is nothing available domestically to make it so.