Advice on new dish

dbolton

Reaction score
My Location
UK Essex (upminster)
Hi to anyone who doesn't know me by now.I am looking to buy a new dish after discovering that my present one is badly distorted (in transit) I have a moteck sg2100 motor installed and the dish is a 1M i would like to put a 1.5 but i am not sure if the motor can handle it,I was looking at the gibertini and see there are aluminium and steel, would it be right in assuming that the aluminium are a higher gain dish ? Can anyone advise on a good make. thanks as always to everyone in advance i would never have got this far along without everybodys help on the forum, a special thanks to rolfw for all his patience with me from the start.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Aluminium doesn't say it got higher gain, just that it's a better quality material than steel and lighter as well.

There aren't many manufacturers today making dishes in that segment and they are pretty much cheap quality anyway.

Gibertini seems ok, there are not much out there anyway so....

Have you looked at IRTE's 1.8 meter dish? i would choose a primefocus dish any day over an offset dish like the Gibertini as you can choose whatever feed you like on a primefocus like IRTE.

IRTE is based in Italy and the dish comes in 6 segement, check them out.

A 1.5 meter dish is too small anyway to get any serious DX:ing going good.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
And the SG 2100 can't handle a 1.5 meter dish.
A 1 meter Gibertini alu works fine on a Sg 2100,that's my old setup.

dbolton

Reaction score
My Location
UK Essex (upminster)
Thanks for the replies, I am limited in size of dish at the moment I have a house and a terrace and the wife wont hear of putting a dish on it all i can go with is a polar mount dish for the moment, i was looking at the irte dishes i still have to check the prices.