Advice on Sky procedures

pantsman28

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Quad LNB Sky+ cables and multiroom
My Location
uk
Just moved into a new gaff which as a quad LNB with 2 cables to living room... must have been for sky+ and one cable to master bedroom. NO tv aerial!!!

I have a sky digit box already and tempted to purchase a sky+ box for the living room but only what to subscribe to the standard family package from sky (only want it for sky one etc)
I take it sky will charge me for the option of recording £10 a month unless taking out further channels i don't want and a further £10 for the option to watch these channels in bed (multi-room) as I hear the card can-not be carried from one box to another?
The only option i see is either run down a flight of stairs to change channel or unplug the sky+ box everytime i live the room???!!!

Does anyone know if I have this correct and if there is a cheaper option? Thanks

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
You could get Sky in the living room and a videosender (such as the 'digisender') in your bedroom. It's a device that sends the picture from the Sky box to a TV in another room, and it sends the remote signals back, so you can change the Sky channel from the bedroom.

If you don't want Sky in the bedroom you could get a Sky box and a FTV card, that gives you all BBC, ITV and Ch4/5 + some news etc.

Also, the same card can be used in different boxes for all channels except premium ones (sports, films PPV etc) so you could take the card from the livingroom to the bedroom and watch Sky1 etc with it.

Personally I think one Sky subscription in the living room and a digisender might be your best option :)

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Or, if you're prepared to run a cable, see options at www.tvlink.com .