Advice on Skystar1 and USB DVB-S

mpc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyStar1 PC Card
My Location
Manchester UK
Hello - some advice needed, my current setup is this:

Skystar1 PCI in a Shuttle SK43G PC connected to a Sky Minidish pointing to Astra 19.2.

I live in Manchester and at the moment I can get excellent reception from FTA channels using the standard Technotrend viewer and decoded channels using S2emu 1.26 in ProgDVB. The only problem is that the decoded channels sometimes lock up the PC after watching for about an hour. I decided to try DVBViewer instead but the Technotrend version won't detect the Skystar1. Has anyone got this card working with the Pro version?

Also I would like to split the output from the dish to another PC running a USB DVB-S box. Do these produce anywhere near the quality of the SkyStar1? Are they completely compatible with the usual software? Any recommendations for brands/models?

Thanks Matt :)

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Try MyTheatre.

mpc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyStar1 PC Card
My Location
Manchester UK
MyTheatre seems pretty good - my sister finds it easy to use and make favourites.

As for my usb hopes - I'm not sure which model to go for. Why is the skystar box more expensive than the skystar usb plus on some sites.

Also - if I buy a standard satellite splitter on ebay (not a T piece) will I be able to have two receivers watching two different channels at the same time from one lmb?

Thanks

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
About the skystar usb, It is coster then pci one. Due to external usage to multipurpose.

mpc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyStar1 PC Card
My Location
Manchester UK
Well, I bought a new sky quad output LNB off ebay for £8.90 inc postage. Pulled out the old LNB and pushed the new one on. The SkyStar1 continues to work fine. I have ordered a SkyStar USB Plus - so I should have them both working next week on Astra 19.2. :)