Advice please

ecotrojan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dell XPS Gen 5
Good afternoon,

I currently have 3 satellite systems.

1) Sky Digital with Sky dish outside on wall and system in living room.

2) 80cm dish on tripod outside (starter pack) connected to portable to play around with.

3) Skystar 2 system using coax from no 2

Using system 2 i can move the dish by hand and pick up Hotbird, 19 & 28 etc etc no probs.

Where I need advice please is, I want one dish which can have three leads coming from it
so three different receivers can pick up from the satellite the dish is picking up.
Obviously i want to go motorised and appreciate that if the dish is pointing at Hotbird then all three receivers will only pick up hotbird channels (?is this correct).

So the one dish will allow, Skydigibox to work, Starter Pack to work and Skystar to work.

Anyone have an idea or do i need to provide more info.

Regards
Matt

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Primarily you would need a quad lnb (not a quatro) this will provide four outputs all the same to feed different receivers.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
It's a bit complicated as only one receiver would move the dish - how would the others then know what satellite the dish is now pointing at?

Motorised set ups are better with one receiver - IMHO.

If you only want specific satellites you could set various LNBs on a bar in front of the dish and use a multiswitch to select the LNB for each receiver.

The LNBs would have cover both Vertical and Horizontal transponders (dual type).

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Yes sorry I didn't read the post properly!:-ohmy