Advice please

vorlon

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire
Hi All

I'm sorry to ask about a subject that probably gets a lot of coverage in this forum, but i've been directed here from the AV forum where I normally reside, so please bear with me.
I have had for a couple of years a 80cm motorised system consisting of an Echostar DSB2110 2CI VIAACCESS and a grundig Sky box (my own so not connected to Mr M's spying little eyes) with an Aston V1.5 card. The system was installed by a firm in Hampshire (as thats where I live !) and for a couple of years I enjoyed Palco/Kiosk etc etc until they changed encryption. once a month I'd get my card "updated" and all was well.
Once the encryption had changed and the amount of channels diminished i pretty much stopped checking out the other sats and stuck with SKY. And now thanks to the recent winds, my dish is not pointing in the right direction, so I'm going up the wall with only 4 channels AAAAAGGHHHHH'O'-red
Can any one please recommend a decent sat shop/installer in the Hampshire area and if it's not too much trouble bring me up to speed on "elvis's" and "matrix" whatever they are !??? I really am going mad with the 4 terrestial channels.........

Many thanks for putting up with a sat virgin !:p

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can't help with an installer I'm afraid, also you may need to define your area a little more precisely.

Have a look in the Matrix Reloaded section, it is basically a replacement for your Aston CAM, but will handle multiple encryptions. A browse in the Cards and Programmers section would also yield some useful information.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi Vorlon
Whilst I also cannot recommend any installers in Hants, there is one in Basingstoke but I haven't any knowledge of their work personally. http://www.horizonsatellites.co.uk/
Always get an estimate for any work...I expect you know that though.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Horizon are normally very good, they also have a Sky Digibox repair service.

vorlon

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire
Guy's

Many thanks for the advice. I have been in touch with Horizon and spoke to one of their engineers, who was most helpful. I am keeping the Echostar unit and getting a matrix cam (I think thats right!). will investigate these on this forum.
Just one more question, can I program these cards myself or will I need to return them as and when for reproging. If I can prog myself what do I need and where can i find out how to do it !?

Once again many thanks

Vorlon

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
You download a working file and use two fun cards to load the MR. If you have already been using fun cards you may have all the gear you need. Just add a USB progarmmer.....£40 or so....Then it's just reading up and getting up to speed.