Advice re Multi LNB setup

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wave T-90/Nanoxx9600/Technotrend TTs2 3200/HTPC
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
Hi all,
would really appreciate any advice regarding my setup and what to buy.
my equipment so far=
1- PCI TechnoTrend sS2 3200 card for DVB-S2
2- Nanoxx 9600ip
3- dogibox
4- Wave T-90
I need to set these sats up:
9E/10E/13E/16E/19E/26E/28.2E/0.8W/1W/12.5W/24.5W/30W
all these sats are available for my location.
I am all confused after this regarding diseqC switching.after reading alot of info re same i have come to the conclusion that diseqC1.2 capable recievers will work with uncommited diseqC1.1 switches??..
so if anyone can guide this newbie as to which switch/es to buy ..how many and how to setup.
as far as i understand=
A= QUAD LNB for more then 2 reciever output to 17 in 8 out multi switch (e.g EMP-CENTAURI) to 2x DiseqC 1.1 switch to 4 recievers _http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?menuId=9&nazev=S.170-CP-16

B-dual LNB to 4x 4/1 DiseqC switch to 2x DiseqC 1.1 switch to recievers

what will work or if someone has a working solution already please PLEASE let me know...
tearing my (already thinning) hair out..
Thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, Sorry I have not got a working system.

But just a couple of points.

I dont think you'll be able to get that range, not even on a torroidal.

Also, you won't get a multiswitch with that many inputs.

If you could do without one of the satellites, leaving 8 (you have repeats)

EMP centauri do 8-way diseqc switches for diseqc1.2.

You can also get 10 way ones that can be used for Diseqc 1.2 from elewhere.

Here is an example:-

_http://www.best-de.tv/en/21/97.htm

available with a variety of brand names stamped on it.

Robbo:)

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
thanks robbo for the reply.
"I dont think you'll be able to get that range, not even on a torroidal."
is this because of the location( Dublin) ? as on this board under users setup there are a few posts e.g hakon's who have this setup .. also on another forum there are many users who have posted 30 west --42 E on a wave.. albeit with some LNB rail modifications..
if i go for 10 LNB's feeding to 3 recievers... how will i manage that ? the 10/1 switch do i use 3 of these going into 4/4 into a reciever ? further help re explanation will be much appreciated ..thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
OOps yes, I forgot about hakon's thread.:-rofl2

He's not got 30W though, he is using a separate dish for that. If you go to one of the wavefrontier websites, it gives you a template that you can cut out and place over an arc of the satellites, which will give you a theoretical span of possible satellites. I didn't realise up to 70 degrees was possible in practice though, I imagine you would have to experiment a little.

hakon used lots of SUR420 by Spaun I believe, which could work out expensive for 2 or 3 receivers. Also they need Diseqc 1.1, do both your receivers support this? (The Sky dodgibox does not support Diseqc)

One way to do it would be as follows:-

Fit twin LNBs to all satellite positions except 28E, where you would fit a QUAD.

Wire the Sky dodgybox straight to the quad, with no switching.

Then fit two 10 way switches to all the other LNBs, the output of each goes to each of your receivers.

( Something like the diagram below)

N.B 9E/10E count as one LNB, so do 0.8W and 1W.

Robbo:)

Attachments

• 10wayT.jpg
    10wayT.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 137

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
thanks Robbo..so 2 10/1 DiseqC switches.. would work ..no problem re diseqC 1.1 or 1.2 ?
if there is any other solution please let me know as i have to order these switches...
thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I think the one I highligted was Diseqc1.2 only. Different switches have different specifications, you would have to read them for whichever switch you decided to buy.

Another solution of course is the way hakon did it, but it requires Diseqc1.1.

The beauty of the way he did it is that there is plenty of room for further expansion, up to 64 I think.

:)

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
We've definitely had a 33.2 degree spread working on a.... zone 1 Sky dish.. (by accident:-rofl2) 5w -13e- 28.2e (mid UK- E Cheshire) and considered 40 degrees as the possible max (on a Sky dish).... so it should all be getable on a proper dish like that ......

except ...

.........the one that sticks out is 26e ...

......... which is never the easiest to get on sub 1m dishes especially there and through diseqc switches with their insertion losses.
All the others are OK.except for some weaker beams..

I'd try 26e on its own first without a diseqc switch to see if it's OK and especially if you can nail some of the weaker TPs (mainly 11919h 27500)... and definitly use your best performing LNB on that sat and consider bypassing the diseqc just for that one.

Well worth getting 26e but you might have to add a second dish just for 26e... 1.2m poss there to get any real rain fade margin.

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
can this work ?
can this work with a 10/1 switch ?or just direct feed into two 10/1 switches with out put going to reciever work ...
what about which LNB to which input ?
to make it work will i have to set on reciever as goton settingfor indivdual LNB/ sat ?
it would help if someone can modify this diagram further labelling inputs
sorry about being such a dummy... and thanks to everyone on this forum for help.

Attachments

• untitled 2.JPG
    untitled 2.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 72

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
Any further comments ?
i will order the 10/1 diseqC switch if there are no further suggestions.
will keep updating regarding progress.Thanks everyone and Robbo.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, yes,

To keep the complexity down a little (a lot!) especially as a first stab, I think sticking to 10 satellites would be a fair compromise. You would then be able to just connect them straight up as my previous post.

It would then just be a matter of getting the receivers to talk to the switches either in Diseqc 1.2 or 1.1 depending on what the switch takes and your receiver has. You need to make sure that all your receivers have the required protocols, as some receivers do not have Diseqc1.1.

I'm pretty sure that the B.E.S.T Diseqc 10/1 that I linked to earlier is programable, but by default is on Diseqc1.2, a small programmer unit I think is needed to change it between modes.

Wichtig: DiSEqC-Schalter ist bereits auf Modus 6: DiseqC 1.2 vorprogrammiert. Wenn Sie den Modus wechseln wollen, benötigen Sie das hierzu passende Programmiergerät.
from-
_http://www.srt-versand.de/shopdh/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=489_521&products_id=3279

_http://www.srt-versand.de/sat-technik/schaltertechnik/diseqc-schalter-koaxrelais/satconn-programmer-fuer-diseqc-schalter-101.html

:)

shaktoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin,IRELAND
Thanks Robbo, I am placing order for 2 of these 10/1 switches and as soon as they reach will try and set everything up. thanks for all your support. i will try and post an account of my endeavours if successful.
pedr thanks for the 26E idea, will try that alone and hopefully will be able to get on just the one dish. I do however have an additional 80cm dish with a 4LNB bracket lying around.. if I dont get the 30W or 26E on T-90 then will setup the other dish for these 2 seperately and feed into the main switch.
thanks

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x CM 1.2m matching C120 feedhorn and Invacom 0.3db twin output LNB.50 degrees East to 42 degrees West.1 x CM 1.2m AZ/EL mount matching C120 feedhorn and twin output Invacom 0.3db
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
with IRL $ky sub. Coship FTA
My Location
40kms NE of Antwerp,Belgium.
shaktoo said:
i will try and post an account of my endeavours if successful.

So after all that how did you get on?

mashster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo (Open PLi) Sats: Telstar 12, Atlantic Bird 3 (C), Sirius 4.8E, Eutelsat W3A, Eutelsat W2A and Intelsat 7 & 10 (C & Ku)
My Location
South Africa
Yes please tell us! Were you successful?
GreenmanBelg said:
So after all that how did you get on?