Advice regarding initial purchase

Onthehill

Reaction score
My Location
Shropshire, Uk
Hi to All.

I would like purchase my first Satellite System in the coming months, does anybody have experience of the Technomate TM-5500DAPCI reciever and/or the Gibertini 1.5 m dish, good or bad?

Also I have seen adverts for this reciever supplied with either the MM or MR cam. Which one would experienced users recommend I purchase and why?

Thanks
Gary

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Is the Gibertini 1.5 now supplied with polarmount ?

I would get a heavy duty motor, as well as the strongest mounting system you can afford

Others here will put you right with the CAM option/advantages

Nice to know the larger dish business is still ticking along, what would you like to receive ?

Onthehill

Reaction score
My Location
Shropshire, Uk
Hi Channel Hopper

The Gibertini can be supplied with a polar mount, well at least one supplier has it listed on their web site.

What do you recommend as a heavy duty motor? I was thinking of a Jack actuator.

At moment i only have freeview so, any extra channels will be a bonus, but hoping the Gibertini will pull in all most everything, then just got to learn what i can and cannot watch with a bit of help from some good chaps on here!

Thanks for the speedy reply
Gary

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
By heavy duty I mean shaft diameter of 2"

Jack can mean anything

Will the supplier fit the dish and offer aftermarket service - important with bigger dishes

Onthehill

Reaction score
My Location
Shropshire, Uk
Looks like this novice has got a lot to learn!!!

I could get one of 2 local suppliers to do a setup for me, however i would like to go the trickier route of setting up myself. Yes i know always a potential minefield but satisfies the mind better when I know how it actually works.
Undoubtly i wont get it right first time, but reading the posts in these forums should certainly help.

What would you recommend to move the dish? Any think I should avoid like the plague?

I was going to mount it on a post 3 - 4 inch Diameter in Garden

Gary

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Richard at http://www.satellitecentre.co.uk/ knows his stuff... why not take a peak at the website or even give him a call....they are in Sunderland I think and probably one of the cheapest...

Onthehill

Reaction score
My Location
Shropshire, Uk
thanks for the tip.

Was looking at the site a couple of days ago, one of many that looked interesting
Will keep Richards name in mind.

Gary

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
You should contact him m8.....he has the time to talk to new customers and good with advice too!.

bratwurzt

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Saw this one on there, I am interested would you recomend it chaps

NEW EXTREME HORNET (AC1)
BUILT IN MAGIC CAM FREE X TV USB VIDEO LINK DISEQ CONTROL TONE CONTROL USALS 1 LNB INPUT LNB LOOPTHROUGH 2 SCART SOCKETS RS232 SERIAL PORT COMPOSITE VIDEO OUTPUT DOLBY DIGITAL OUTPUT 2 COMMON INTERFACE 60 SATELLITES 9,000 CHANNELS TELETEXT

** SPECIAL OFFER **
FREE UK DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM!!

£195.00

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
If it hasnt got a positioner (four wire) circuit built in, then you would need another box between the receiver and the motor

I do not have experience of the receiver stated.

Have you put the dish up yet ?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
bratwurzt said:
Saw this one on there, I am interested would you recomend it chaps

NEW EXTREME HORNET (AC1)
BUILT IN MAGIC CAM FREE X TV USB VIDEO LINK DISEQ CONTROL TONE CONTROL USALS 1 LNB INPUT LNB LOOPTHROUGH 2 SCART SOCKETS RS232 SERIAL PORT COMPOSITE VIDEO OUTPUT DOLBY DIGITAL OUTPUT 2 COMMON INTERFACE 60 SATELLITES 9,000 CHANNELS TELETEXT

** SPECIAL OFFER **
FREE UK DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM!!

£195.00
You might care to look at this thread bratwurzt. http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=8210

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Also I have seen adverts for this reciever supplied with either the MM or MR cam. Which one would experienced users recommend I purchase and why?
I would definitely go for the MR Gary. It can do just as much and a lot more then the MM and is easier to update.

bratwurzt

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thank you Jimbo, I am merely trying to find a system that gives me Astra 19e + Hotbird 13e - preferably with embedded Irdeto. Haven't the brain power for all the technical computery business - programming etc. Maybe the system I listed would be way too technical for my basic needs.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
Bratwurtz.....Not easy to recommend a specific receiver for someone as there are so many out there. All I would say is look to the future because you may find what you require now will soon not be enough once you become interested. But no need to go over the top.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I would go for something outdoors that does more than two satellites though