Advice Required

BenjaminB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothing as yet
My Location
west bromwich
Hi Guys

Im a complete newbie to this and this is probably not even the right section to post but i cant see anywhere else !

Basically I want to get a system to get sports feeds, maily tennis but also i want to be able to recieve the SISLink Horse racing feeds located on intelsat 20w. I believe these are also encrypted in 4:4:2 ?!

Can anyone give me some advice on what i would need ie dish, reciever etc to be able to pick up these feeds ?

Is this a job i could do myself ?

Any help appreciated - many thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
welcome to the forum BenjaminB

If you had used the search facility and input racing feeds you would have found these threads, having read them it would be obvious that your quest is a fruitless one and has been asked many times before, but you could still get enjoyment out of the satellite tv hobby:cool:

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
to view 20west this is an inclined orbit satellite so would need equipment to move the dish up/down as well as move it left right to track the satellite moving

BenjaminB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nothing as yet
My Location
west bromwich
Many thnaks guys

So wod - just as a basic what would i be looking at in terms of dish size, motor and receiver ?

Thanks for that Topper but i know for a fact its not fruitless and these feeds get received everyday by people with home setup.

I will trawl through some threads on this subject.

Thanks anyway !

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A search for racing feeds should bring up some of the threads on the subject from the past year or so, but apart from the occasional allusion to people receiving them, there is nothing concrete.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
BenjaminB said:
Many thnaks guys
Thanks for that Topper but i know for a fact its not fruitless and these feeds get received everyday by people with home setup.

Well maybe by more good luck than good management but I have not yet seen a post from anyone on any forum where someone has bragged about making some money out of it hence my comment, but of course I welcome the silent majority to prove me wrong.;)