advise please what is the difference in Lnb's

tkay

Reaction score
I am very new to this and have only looked into Satellite stuff for a few weeks. Which is best in the way of Lnb's is it the 0.3db or 3db, and where do I find coding for the skystar1 & 2. How do I set it up ? will I have to get an expert in first. I do not know what to buy for the best. I want to go through my computer and have an output though TV and projector. I have just bought a motor brackets and 10 ft mast from Maplins to attatch to my conservatory or set in the ground and am thinking of getting a 1 metre dish. Can people here say the good and the bad parts of my intended equipment I am in the library now but will be back on line at 10pm at home as it is free for me then on Onetel night owl.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A lot of questions there tkay, the best LNBs show the lowest noise figure, so a 0.3 db LNB should produce a better or at least cleaner signal. The MTi Blueline and the Invacom are two popular ones.

If you want to feed your TV to a TV or projector, you would be better off buying the Skystar1, as it has a video out.

What diameter is the mast and is it steel?

tkay

Reaction score
rolfw said:
A lot of questions there tkay, the best LNBs show the lowest noise figure, so a 0.3 db LNB should produce a better or at least cleaner signal. The MTi Blueline and the Invacom are two popular ones.

If you want to feed your TV to a TV or projector, you would be better off buying the Skystar1, as it has a video out.

thanks for input
The pole is said to be alluminium on lable, yet it feels as heavy as steel and has a blue steel haze on it. It is 4 cm across. Comes in two sections of 5 foot.

tkay

Reaction score
I am thinking of having it lower down on the ground but on the mast, so the nieghbours don't moan.

tkay

Reaction score
rolfw said:

thanks for that, where do you get the software to drive it???

tkay

Reaction score
should have given my Email for any software for the skystar 1 sorry. keeways*hotmail.com

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia

tkay

Reaction score
Llew said:
Try the manufacturer's site...

h**p://www.technisat.com/

Llew

I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your help. Being a new comer I was in a quandary but being a survivor I went down to the tip and got hold of a steel 3 inch pole 10 ft tall, more than I need. Was told a piece of scaffold would have done set in concrete the bottom drilled and metal nails fixed into the holes, so did not move. They would have been easily got hold of. Now sending the aluminium poles back to Maplin and the 7 inch outwardly extending bracket to attach to the conservatory, in all it has saved me money, only on a pension. Next is to set up the whole package after the concrete has set, one step at a time. Thanks again to all you kind people, back to the whisky after typing.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
tkay said:
Next is to set up the whole package after the concrete has set

Make sure to pole is completely vertical as the concrete sets, other here have found that it has moved and is now no use.

Try and support it vertically best you can while it dries, and keep checking it.

tkay

Reaction score
gameboy said:
Make sure to pole is completely vertical as the concrete sets, other here have found that it has moved and is now no use.

Try and support it vertically best you can while it dries, and keep checking it.

Thanks game boy do you know where to get software for the Skystar 1 computer card so I can start looking next week or perhaps the week after when the concrete has set after the seven days.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
tkay said:
Thanks game boy do you know where to get software for the Skystar 1 computer card so I can start looking next week or perhaps the week after when the concrete has set after the seven days.
I do not know if this helps but

Try reading up on the Card and software
Follow this link it may help
h**p://www.dvbsoft.net/content.php?content.6

tkay

Reaction score
toppervte33h said:
I do not know if this helps but

Try reading up on the Card and software
Follow this link it may help
h**p://www.dvbsoft.net/content.php?content.6

Thanks M8 I will I am in the library at present I am from the NW as well, the "Wires" country. Do you know if it is worth while getting a 30v motor as the person I am getting the bits off was trying to sell the idea to me? I already have the 12V motor Maplin £20 cheaper than this person. Do you know if the motor [12v & 30v] is driven from the card? I will be back on line tonight after ten when all is free!! Well £3.99 a month from OneTel.
Thanks have looked at it and the site has many software programmes, this site is what looks like russian or some such and I do not understand the Email that came that looked like spanish or mexican or portugese when I try to get any software it cut out I have tried two number they have given me but do not understand what they are. any suggestions. for another site?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No PC card will power a 36v motor, you will need a V-Box to interface between the two.