Africa Channel launches on Sky

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
Africa Channel launches on Sky

The US-based Africa Channel will launch on Monday August 20 in the UK on the Sky satellite platform.

The channel, which will feature in Sky’s Style & Culture mix, will launch with two weeks of series previews to provide viewers the opportunity to sample its programming and will begin its original programme schedule on September 3.

Programme acquisitions for the channel include scripted drama Jacob’s Cross, reality talent programmes Dance Africa and Project Fame Africa, music series Urban Massive, sports highlights series DHL Sports Africa and a behind-the-scenes film programme Cinema Moments.

James Makawa, co-founder and chief executive, said: "The Africa Channel delivers a diverse schedule that reflects the extraordinary culture of Africa and we are very pleased to be partnered with Sky on the channel’s exciting launch in the UK. Our channel, along with the new programs we’ve acquired for this important milestone, further enhance our commitment to provide our viewers in the U.K. with the best English language programs that the African continent has to offer."

The Africa Channel also will air several upcoming music specials, one of which features famed Nigerian Afrobeat musician Femi Kuti. Additional specials will include Umoja, a stage musical celebrating South African music from the earliest rhythms to modern genres like Kwaito.

The programmes will also air on The Africa Channel in the US, where next month the network will mark its second anniversary on the air.

Regards Satdude.

ceevee

Reaction score
Website
www.ceevee.info
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500 connected to 6MB ADSL Internet, with Gbox on a 1.2 satellite Dish.
My Location
Malta
I've seen this channel... it doesn't seem to be bad... I like their jingles too... Any way, I have the family/kids/movies mix... after the 20th I will not be able to get it then? :( (will it be like Star gold and Star One etc??)

Many thanks...