African Nations Cup (footy)

Kveys

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
125 Gibertini, Stab-120 (30W-86.5E), TM-F3/5/TM-5302HD+230Pf (C-band 40.5W-87.5E)
My Location
Southern Finland
Just started as many of you guys known. I just watched match from 60E ZNBC and suddenly flashed next warning->
Futis 003.JPG

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Found this elsewhere:

"Gov't owned Ethiopian TV refused to pay $1 million to broadcast African Cup.Because of this decision, Ethiopians will be unable to watch their national team play in South Africa this month. If the gov't allows private ownership of TV stations, Ethiopians would have been better served. The gov't would not have to pay this much money for the broadcasting right. Private companies would have come up with a business model that makes it possible for them to pay $1 million and still earn profit from advertising and subscriptions. The Ethiopian government that is led by a bunch of idiots continues to criminalize the ownership of TV, radio, telecom and internet companies so that it can control what the people of Ethiopia can read and watch.

LC2, the company that has the broadcast license of AFCON 2013 explained that “the lack of both anticipation and marketing knowledge” and also “mistrust against the current economic model” has blinded some African televisions to the feasibility of profits that could be generated from “the world’s second biggest football competition” by “selling advertising space to sponsors"