after 6 days this is where im at

kerry smith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm7020 1m dish moteck motor
thanks for all the help guys. i have finally managed to flash the gemini mod using ftp and telnet . now im stuck with the gemini manager i enter my dreambox ip set to 7020 but i can not acsess the gemini web page to download any of there cams ect ect. it keeps saying can not connect to my dreambox ip address .also i can not send files to my dreambox using the install from pc it starts to transfer them then after 5% of transfer it hangs saying no connection or somthing simular .the only thing i seem to be able to use is the remote page were i can switch the box on and of through my pc ,so there must be a connection i guess? any help would be great thanks.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Check that you have the DNS/gateway addresses set correctly on the DB, and make sure you have ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) enabled on the gateway if sharing a PC's connection.

kerry smith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thanks for that but if i have ftp and telneted to my box would that not mean that i have the correct addresses allready. i have found that in my dreambox settings i can click on the LAN setting, witch takes away the gateway settings and that will work fine with dcc ,or i enter my ip adds and it still works the same on other software but not in gemini manager. thanks for the reply .

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The fact that the two boxes can talk to each other is good (means your network is basically setup OK), but the Dreambox cannot find a path to the big wide world so it's probably a gateway problem.

I don't know what your PC/modem/router/whatever setup is, but you must have ICS running or something similar, and tell the Dreambox it's route to freedom.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
@Kerry Smith - Have you put in the correct box ip in the Gemini manager- Options-Box1 and saved ? If you then try 'Find image' what happens ?

kerry smith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
yes i have put in host box my dreambox ip , then name root pass dreambox still no closer though,

kerry smith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
after more tests this is what i have found ,my box will talk to my computer no problem ive tested with dream up and dream box control center ,it just will not acsess the internet through my computer could tell me what i should be looking for . in my local area connections i have tcp/ip box ticked thanks

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You've more patience than me. My DB is on the LAN and PC speaks to the DB fine. But Gemini Manager is not exactly intuitive and after trying it twice gave up. I'm not even sure what it's supposed to do...

kerry smith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have now managed to install newcand and cam 3 using dreambox control center and keys dated 5/4/05 and cam config. i have got newcam running,but here's the tricky bit how do i get a picture ? thanks fro the help so far keep it comming.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
With blue button you see a list of emus with common interface first. Select the emu you want, press ok or yellow button.

To get direct internet connection, select dhcp tick in the db comm settings, reboot. Untick dhcp, replace the last ip db item to 24 (as in 192.168.0.24), save. Try ping.

For Gemini Manager, in the Options window, if you select 'Image Version?' at the bottom what do you get ?

kerry smith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i get no connection found to 192.168.0.24 with gem manager but i can connect to my comp with dream up and dram control center

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
kerry smith said:
i get no connection found to 192.168.0.24 with gem manager but i can connect to my comp with dream up and dram control center

Perhaps the GM does not work with 7020. What do you get with 'Image Version?' ?

kerry smith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
and with the changed settings i get no connection to 10.0.0.24

kerry smith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
the above is what i get with gem manager

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
kerry smith said:
the above is what i get with gem manager

Can you please give details of what you get with the three steps :-

(1) To see picture, with blue button you see a list of emus with common interface first. Select the emu you want, press ok or yellow button.

(2) To get direct internet connection, select dhcp tick in the db comm settings, reboot. Do you see any new settings appear ? If so, untick dhcp, replace the last ip db item to 24 (as in 192.168.0.24), save. Try ping.

(3) If no success, close any firewall, and try again.

kerry smith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1] i get a black screen with info bar telling what cam im using what encryption tha channel is using but no pic. my guess is that the cam is installed and working but maybe the wrong keys . i have seen some files cam config do i need them for every cam . [2] i tried that before it did change my settings but i do not understand thedirect connection does that mean ihave to put my broadband modem connection straight in the back of the dreambox .thanks for the help.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
(1) Yes, for each emu, you need to upload the emu, the correct config file for the emu and the key. Get the latest from the Gemini home site IHAD database.

(2) I don't have broadband, but generally speaking, FTP works with only part of the info on the comm setings in the DB. For internet connection, with dhcp ticked you get the correct internet communication addresses sent to the db through the pc. So, the pc must have the internet connection on when you do step 2. Let us know what the comm settings are changed to.

kerry smith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
the top ip addy changed to 10 .0 .0 .1 then i changed the 1 to 24

kerry smith

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sorry i forgot to add that i have added the config files for the emu's that i have got in the db but maybe i have sent them to the wrong file . do you know the correct file to send the keys, config's in the 7020 i can ftp them in no problem.for the gemini do they all have to be tar b files .

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
kerry smith said:
sorry i forgot to add that i have added the config files for the emu's that i have got in the db but maybe i have sent them to the wrong file . do you know the correct file to send the keys, config's in the 7020 i can ftp them in no problem.for the gemini do they all have to be tar b files .

The keys you are putting in are out of date. Use latest ones as of yesterday.