after putting new stalite i can not see any satelite

skhatri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream Box 500 and Windows 7
My Location
Kuwait
hi all,

I have a dream box 500 i have 4 Dishes in which one was missing my ccam version is 2.0.9 i think i have added one satelite which is nilesat every thing was fine before adding satelite during addition of satelite i have clicked on Network Search. saved it and after that i have added transporters and then saved it after that i can not see any satelite in the transponders every thing is gone. Can some one help me please

Thanx

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Whilst we appreciate English may well not be your first language Im afraid your post doesnt make much sense. Therefore its unlikely anyone will be able to help you unless you can explain better.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I guess his satellite list disappeared once he added a new one (Nilesat) and scanned some channels on it. I would suggest restoring satellites.xml file if you have a backup of it or download one from the Internet.

How did you add a satellite? Via a receiver or some Windows program?

skhatri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kuwait
Yes exactly captain jack my satellite list disappeared once i have added a new one. i have added a satellite via receiver not via windows program.
Any idea how this satellites.xml file got corrupted and how to restore. I have tried to login to dreambox through internet explorer but it doesnt accept password or user name please help.
Captain Jack said:
I guess his satellite list disappeared once he added a new one (Nilesat) and scanned some channels on it. I would suggest restoring satellites.xml file if you have a backup of it or download one from the Internet.

How did you add a satellite? Via a receiver or some Windows program?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Not sure how it managed to get corrupted. I would download a new one from the Internet and upload it.

-http://satellites-xml.eu/

skhatri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kuwait
how to upload it can you help me in this case please, even i can not access it via internet explorer by putting root and dreambox in the authentication box please help

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Username: root
Password: dreambox or (blank)

Don't use Internet Explorer. Use FileZilla or some other proper FTP client. Better yet, download some channel settings from the web and upload them using Dreamset or DreamboxEdit.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Captain Jack said:
Username: root
Password: dreambox or (blank)

Don't use Internet Explorer. Use FileZilla or some other proper FTP client. Better yet, download some channel settings from the web and upload them using Dreamset or DreamboxEdit.

If its got a paid for card share on it theres a good chance the password has been changed....

machkover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
windows xp + manual motoring+dm500s
My Location
morocco
Hi ! i had the same problem with a dm500s lately ! it was working fine and it had badr , astra and hotbird on it . but when i was trying to add nilesat i was surprised to notice that i lost all the three satellite mmentioned and tha nielsat didn't come up as it kept "saying" that there are no sync and no lock . a technician said that it was a tuner problem and tried some reparations on it but in vain ! ( i don't trust him though) here is a link showing a tv screen with a working 500s on the left and my faulty 500s on the left saying that ther is no lock and no sync !!! _http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/locksq.jpg/

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Are other parameters the same? SR/FEC?

machkover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
windows xp + manual motoring+dm500s
My Location
morocco
Captain Jack said:
Are other parameters the same? SR/FEC?
TBH i don't remember but i guess they were !! cause all the channels were working fine before i had that problem !:confused