Aligning C band dish for the first time in my life

kelleyga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C Band
My Location
Tampa, Florida, USA
OK, I have read a lot about this part of my project (setting a C band dish).
I have a 10 feet mesh dish. With several peoples help from this fourum I am ready to install a mover tomorrow and try to align it.

I am using a PanSat 3500s receiver and a VBox.

I just want to get some extra ideas based on your experience on what is the best way to do this. I want the dish to move to the left because I want to see a channel of PAS 3r, so I read I need to install the mover on the left side of the dish. Now, this is my plan, what do you think

I live in Tampa, FLorida, Latitud 27.9, Longitud 82.5

1) once the mover is installed, I will ensure it is straight at 90 degrees.
2) Then I will use the VBox to extend the mover all the way out to elevate the dish to it maximum. Of course I already checked the Pole is perfectly plumb.
3) Once the dish is at is maximum elevation, I will manually move it to point to my true south satellite which is AMC 9 at 83 degrees.
4) Once I get signal, I will move dish left, right, up and down until I get the best possible signal.
5) If I am able to do that, HERE is where I do not know what to do. DO I store this information in the VBox ? Or Pansat 3500s? Or Both? How?
6) Then do I need to manually move the dish now to the left all the way using the VBox to get the end of the arc? Or will the PanSat 3500s do it for me when I choose a satellite on the left side of my true south?
7) Do I need to change the value of the Lnb, or Lo in the Pansat when trying to get AMC9 or do I leave the defaults? (I have 2 lnbs, C/Ku Corrotor II)

Thanks for your help, If this works for me I will be enjoying a beer watching tv after almost 2 months since I started looking for a dish, reading, digging a whole, building a scaffolding to the up 17 feet, etc.

As always THANKS for all the help guys.

sat200

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
uk
what make dish you got i use to have a patriot 3.1 meter dish

kelleyga said:
OK, I have read a lot about this part of my project (setting a C band dish).
I have a 10 feet mesh dish. With several peoples help from this fourum I am ready to install a mover tomorrow and try to align it.

I am using a PanSat 3500s receiver and a VBox.

I just want to get some extra ideas based on your experience on what is the best way to do this. I want the dish to move to the left because I want to see a channel of PAS 3r, so I read I need to install the mover on the left side of the dish. Now, this is my plan, what do you think

I live in Tampa, FLorida, Latitud 27.9, Longitud 82.5

1) once the mover is installed, I will ensure it is straight at 90 degrees.
2) Then I will use the VBox to extend the mover all the way out to elevate the dish to it maximum. Of course I already checked the Pole is perfectly plumb.
3) Once the dish is at is maximum elevation, I will manually move it to point to my true south satellite which is AMC 9 at 83 degrees.
4) Once I get signal, I will move dish left, right, up and down until I get the best possible signal.
5) If I am able to do that, HERE is where I do not know what to do. DO I store this information in the VBox ? Or Pansat 3500s? Or Both? How?
6) Then do I need to manually move the dish now to the left all the way using the VBox to get the end of the arc? Or will the PanSat 3500s do it for me when I choose a satellite on the left side of my true south?
7) Do I need to change the value of the Lnb, or Lo in the Pansat when trying to get AMC9 or do I leave the defaults? (I have 2 lnbs, C/Ku Corrotor II)

Thanks for your help, If this works for me I will be enjoying a beer watching tv after almost 2 months since I started looking for a dish, reading, digging a whole, building a scaffolding to the up 17 feet, etc.

As always THANKS for all the help guys.

kelleyga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C Band
My Location
Tampa, Florida, USA
dont know, I got it for free. It is s 10feet mesh dish.