Aligning DIsh, last step please help.

kelleyga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C Band
My Location
Tampa, Florida, USA
I got my actuator yesterday and installed it todya in my BUD 10 feet mesh.

I want to try to do the last and hardest part of the installation which is align the dish to get the arc ok.

I know I have to point the dish to my due south satellite. I am at latitud 28, longitud 82.5. My due south satellite will be AMC 9 at 83. I am using a VBox to move the dish. I tried to get signal from ACM 9 in my Pansat 3500s today with no luck. Where I was getting confused is on how much the arm should be extended? I do not know if I need to extended all the way or not at all when trying to get AMC 9. I know I will need to move the dish up/down, left/righ manually once I get signal from AMC 9.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
If you have got the correct size arm for your dish (should describe an arc of about 45 deg or more either side) then you need to set the arm to the middle of travel and align the dish and motor together moving the whole lot on the pole until you attain max signal on 83W then lock it off on the pole and that should be it.

Rgds

L. :)

kelleyga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C Band
My Location
Tampa, Florida, USA
Lancelot, hi, thanks for responding.

I am very new on this and I got the dish free. SO I changed something like the Feedhorn and LNBs got the Chapparral Coroto II c/ku. I also noticed the arm was bad and bought a new one. But I bought the 24 and the old one was an 18. Do you think that is a problem?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Shouldn't be.

Just take care setting the E/W limits to stop the thing trying to destroy itself.

L. :)

kelleyga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C Band
My Location
Tampa, Florida, USA
Thanks for your help.