all genuine viasat satellite hd boxes did not show 3pm today

jase1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu Duo2,1.2 CM,1224 H to H 57E-30W. Sky dish.
My Location
Cheshire
Looks like there could some football on the xtra channels, I'm not sure which card I have access to but the team logo's are up on these channels.:)

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
Very strange, got an official Latvia box with Xtra pl channels clear as I type, though have 2 customers with same pace box and setup and there's are blocked.

This box I have here has been off for 2 weeks as needed a repair, wonder if the card hasn't taken the update to block it ?

Also, this box has had a recent software update, (pull power, hold down right arrow on front panel and put power back on/screen displays message saying new software being uploaded, takes 10 mins) not sure if this makes any difference? Also reports of dreamboxes not effected and channels clear so viasat are still broadcasting in some regions.

UKSmeagal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Italia / Viasat
My Location
Reading
Can someone confirms if it is all prem games or just the 3pm's on latvian viasat? As i have just bought a new card/reciever yet to activate it and am able to send it back still.

Cheers

MARK

Reaction score
Website
www.satellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD+,Dreambox500HD,800SEHD,tm5402hdCI+SUPER+lots of other STB's,1mtr ISS motorised
Pc's far too many lol
My Location
Good ole Blighty
UKSmeagal said:
Can someone confirms if it is all prem games or just the 3pm's on latvian viasat? As i have just bought a new card/reciever yet to activate it and am able to send it back still.

Cheers

Think i'd go through these posts and decided,seems abit up and down at the moment...but i had no probs this weekend

bite

Superkomanda
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
0.8W; 4.8E; 13E (90cm),
19.2E; 28.2E; 36E (110cm),
DM800SE, DM600
My Location
Riga, Latvia
So cool, that so many users are referring to our small country - Latvia (even if it's $itty Viasat) in this forums! :D
First of all (I read all the 11 pages), we aren't that poor! :D Of course, we can't compare ourselves to UK, that's for sure.
Viasat has 70 000 subscribers here, they had lots more, but horrible service and channel closures put many off prolonging their contracts.
And it happened again few days ago, when Viasat decided to exclude Viasat Hockey from channel's list (UK are footy country, maybe you don't even like hockey, so you haven't watched this channel), because they didn't get the NHL rights for Baltic region. It has pissed many people off these last days.
With the EPL there's pretty interesting thing. Officialy in channel's list there's only Viasat Premier League HD channel, not extra channels. Sometimes, when you rang up the customer service (which is also horrible), the "blonde" girls don't even know about Viasat PL Xtra channel existance, let alone something knowing about opening them with local Viasat card. The most frequent answer (to all questions) is: try to restart your box.
So, officialy, on sports package there are only 3 channels left - Sport Baltic, Golf (which is "hugely" popular in Latvia - it isn't, so nobody watches it) and PL HD. And that's not all. Slowly, our public broadcaster (equivalent to BBC) LTV gets it's nails on sport rights, so exclusive sport content on Viasat right now is only Champions League, Basketball Euroleague and EPL, Hockey World Championships. But that's not enough to get new or hold the existing customers. Latvia isn't football country (we qualified for Euro 2004 though), we are hockey one, so many people (Viasat subscribers) doesn't even know about these PL Xtra channels.

Sorry about interrupting this thread, if you want some information, I can try to get it. :)

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Ice hockey, now that IS worth watching, fast and very furious - tremendous.
Still think about the Canada v USA gold medal final last winter Olympics, fantastic game!
Sorry off topic, but I had to agree with bite!!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Being from Russia, I can tell you all about ice hockey... Certainly a national sport and something we tend to actually be good at! :)

Cala d'or

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 70cm , Sky hd in uk . CM 1.2 & 1 m at work various stbs for footy , 1.8m Prodelin in Mallorca and foxsat HDR
My Location
Lancs uk , Mallorca Spain
I have a Swedish and a Latvian box . The Swedish one has not had any issues to date , but the Latvian one has all the pl extra channels blocked . I have just tried doing the software update and it has made no difference . My swedish box has never had the golf channel activated and that channel shares the same message as the pl extra channels on the Latvian box . Channel blocked (4) .

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Hm, I guess the fact that they are physically still sending these channels and games means that it may not be completely dead.

rigsby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000ipVA on 1.1m dish motorised.
My Location
Sale
Captain Jack said:
Hm, I guess the fact that they are physically still sending these channels and games means that it may not be completely dead.

Hope you are correct.

With the Hockey channel , that has been removed altogether on the Lithuanian ones i have seen.

It was Channel 16

bite

Superkomanda
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
0.8W; 4.8E; 13E (90cm),
19.2E; 28.2E; 36E (110cm),
DM800SE, DM600
My Location
Riga, Latvia
You should see Golf with "Viasat Latvia Gold package", Cala d'or!

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
did viasat show any 3pm games today ?

moosegoose

bog standard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish hh motor teco tm1000 dreambox 7020
cas 3interface
dragon cam.promax tv explorer 2.
My Location
norwich
wod said:
did viasat show any 3pm games today ?
the majority did not work again. there are some viasat systems that slipped the net which are ok.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
some people on ljs site said there systems where ok danish viasat and it was only the 3pm game on pl hd channel that was affected

Cala d'or

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 70cm , Sky hd in uk . CM 1.2 & 1 m at work various stbs for footy , 1.8m Prodelin in Mallorca and foxsat HDR
My Location
Still no problems whatsoever with my swedish box , all channels are ok . Latvian box still no pl extra channels but plhd works fine . Conditions are the same as my first post on this subject .

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It's the same with the two I know of, though they were not from the same dealer that supplied a large number of places of embibement round here.

Cala d'or

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
My dealer told me , after a discussion with those in Latvia , that the Premier league had taken out a court injuction against them . Can anyone confirm this ?

Cheers

Cala d'or

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
If you go to

_http://www.liveonsat.com

and see the page where he sells the cards etc... he makes the same comment , that the 3 pm games have been switched off following an injunction by the premier league .

[warning]Live link disabled[/warning]

carloslfc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM6900hd
Usals 1.2
My Location
Midlands
Hi all , been told by a supplier that there is a way to unlock your existing blocked xtra pl 1-7 channels by inserting the card into a Technomate box (which requires your router being plugged in also). Anybody have any idea what you need exactly and what you do ?

moosegoose

bog standard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish hh motor teco tm1000 dreambox 7020
cas 3interface
dragon cam.promax tv explorer 2.
My Location
norwich
carloslfc said:
Hi all , been told by a supplier that there is a way to unlock your existing blocked xtra pl 1-7 channels by inserting the card into a Technomate box (which requires your router being plugged in also). Anybody have any idea what you need exactly and what you do ?
well it do not sound very legal mate. the hd channels only work on genuine viasat box. so you would loose the pl hd channel putting card in a technomate. your card will have the pl extra channels locked so putting it in a technomate would be for cosmetic reasons only. in fact you may as well put your flexible friend in it.