All I want is ITV\C4\C5 ! Please help !

stuart1

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
Hi There,
Complete noobie here, just installed a 60cm mesh dish, Topfield 5000Ci, Xcam and titanium card, have a programmer but no idea how to use it, all I want to do is watch all BBC channels, ITV, C4, C5 and a few free channels thrown in ! Can anyone tell me how to program the card, what files do I use and what will I be able to see, and what on earth does the Xcam do ? I am tuned into Astra2 28.2 degree satellite and can get all the free BBC channels already (took me all weekend). Would really appreciate any help with this. S*y Suck making you have to pay to see normal channels

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Unfortunately you will not be able to watch ITV, Ch4 or 5 with what you have, you need a Sky Digibox and Viewing card to receive them.

stuart1

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
Ok, that I understand. What does this Xcam and titanium card do, what can I see with them in, any info would be very useful, I'm new to all this. I have searched through loads of forums but its difficult to understand whats what if your new ! I am tuned into astra 2 but cant see very much on there apart from BBC1 2 and ITV news ! Perhaps I need to get a motorised dish to see any good stuff. There should be more info about this, Im confused !!!

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
If you are looking for channels to decrypt with your setup then 28.2 is not really the place to be looking, as most of the stuff on it is Sky and unhackable. You really need to move your dish to get more channels, not necessarily motorized, if it is easily accessible then by hand while you get a feel as to what’s available and what you need. If you look at Astra 1 - 19.2e, Hotbird - 13e or if your dish is big enough Hispasat - 30w you should find some more interesting things.

As for how to program your titanium card and what cams do what you would be better off asking your questions in our Cards & Programmers section or in the section of the encryption type of the channels you want to watch and I’m sure people will be along who know considerably more about it than me.

stuart1

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
Thanks Polomint, very useful. Its easy to get to this dish, I was tuned into 19 degrees last weekend but couldn't get BBC channels so I moved the dish to 28, perhaps I should move it back !
Many thanks for your help.

TodSl

Reaction score
Have you checked out Eurobird at 28.5 east? Lots of free channels on there.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Goto hotbird 13e and you will get bbc prime,and some movie channels and 200 channels of foreign stuff.

mjc410

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a genuine freeview card with address from ebay (€30) , I think this is your best bet but if you can wait Sky are launching FreeSat system (Box + card + Installation for £150) in September / October of this year.

balmad

Reaction score
I am really disappointed at Sky trying to make proffit from the viewers by charging to watch ITV,channel 4 and 5. It is shear greediness on part of sky.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry balmad, but it has nothing to do with the greediness of Sky, although they are a pretty well oiled money making machine. ITV, channel 4 and channel 5 have for contract and copyright reasons chosen to remain encrypted, so you cannot blame Sky for charging for viewing cards and certainly not for a receiver and dish installation.

loftyj

Reaction score
mjc410 said:
If you can wait Sky are launching FreeSat system (Box + card + Installation for £150) in September / October of this year.
Seem to remember reading Sky will require connection to phone
line for there interactive service.