All-In-One solution?

My Satellite Setup
got a 2.8 GHz pc, 2 gigs of RAM, 260 GB of hd space
My Location
UK
My granny's decided to go online and asked me to hook her up with a PC and see to it that it's protected. I don't have time for extensive research - what do you guys think about installing Norton 360 on her machine?

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Should be ok, The default settings will keep her PC protected. One problem is that if it keeps popping up asking if such and such program can have internet access, then you may end up making may trips to her house or have to answer many phone calls!!! :D

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
2cvbloke said:
Should be ok, The default settings will keep her PC protected. One problem is that if it keeps popping up asking if such and such program can have internet access, then you may end up making may trips to her house or have to answer many phone calls!!! :D
No you can set it so that it will not do that indeed on mine that was the default but finding the settings to change it can be awkward. It may confuse her when every week twice a week it says I have 5 things need fixing etc. Really depends on how confident she is with pc's