All sorts of things connected to Channel lists, settings and satellites.xml

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hello Dreamers
I am looking for the latest satellite.xml and an up to date setting files for all the sats in our side of the world. I would like to post them so that anybody can download them and Dreamboxedit them onto his box.

If you are adding a file make sure to say when it was updated and what sats. That way we can keep track and delete old ones no longer needed.

And also: Don't post anything that is already therre, waste of space in that case!

SO: If you got the latest Satellites.xml and also a recently scanned and up to date channel list, here is the place to add it for the benefit of all!!!

As always: Resistance is useless!!!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Well, I must say I am disappointed. Not even one of you took the time to post the Dreamboxedit files here. Can't see what the problem is, especially those with a fast connection... )(-red

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Sorry Boss... don't use DBE! :-ohmy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Me neither I'm afraid T_G.

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
@ T_G

quote "Not even one of you took the time to post the Dreamboxedit files here."
You have been here a some time & you know that it is a friendly board and I think that your remark was uncalled for.
I am sure that if someone had the info that you requested they would have posted it for you.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
;) He's pulling your leg m8.

Has a strange sense of humor our T_G.
... and he's not the only one!

LOL :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Best of luck for tomorrow T_G your gonna need it against the Gunners mate :D

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
And I can't do, as I have'nt a clue what you all are talking about. But then I am Irish.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Razor said:
And I can't do, as I have'nt a clue what you all are talking about. But then I am Irish.
Neither do we m8 ;)

Just make up some letters and numbers, and you can be an expert in Dreamboxes AND computers!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
oh you lot of cynical ba*rds! (irish exempted)
Whatever prog you use to backup your channel lists is ok.

@ Aforester: You damn right this is a friendly board, and I am for one going to make sure it stays like this. Even if you took my message the wrong way, I was a bit pissed off. The request for the satellites.xml and the channel list has been there for quite a while, and nobody even answered or made the effort to see if he could help. Maybe my request was not formulated clear enough, but nevertheless it was a valid request. Now you want to tell me that of all the many hundreds of people logging into the Dreambox section there isn't one who got Dreamboxedit or another program that saves the settings?? I don't think so....

I am attaching the three files that are needed. i excluded the buquet files as they are individual. The files I am posting are neither complete nor entirely made by me, I updated my own files from various places.
I would like though to get the latest satellites.xml (where from???) with an up to date scan of any satellites. So if you got a very good reception and the latest XML file and performed a good scan you should post it here. Then all of us can compare your scan to what we have on the box, and we will all be up to date!!

To use these files all you got to do is get the settings from your box, and then use the "tools", "compare loaded services with....". It will then compare and give you the option to update your channel list.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
OK, here is another bit of news: I have found this site:
h**p://www.sat-info-page.de/cgi-bin/loader.cgi?settings

You can generate your settings list and then add/compare them to the existing ones on your box using Dreamboxedit.

Once there you put in the details the pulldown menus ask you to provide. Here is a small translation:
Empfänger = Receiver

Satellitenauswahl: put in the sats you would like the settings list for
Größe der Schüssel: Size of dish (put in the largest to get most stations)
Then you can choose to show pay tv or just FTA, and also if you want the PayTV stations to be marked with a $.
Sender vorsortieren: Options to get the stations pre-sorted using the following parameters:
Sprache = Language
Anbieter = Provider
Sendername = Channel name

Rest should be straight forward.
In any case, try it out and post your remarks here.

See the idiot guide for some more info regarding this site, some useful stuff there

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
You can download the latest satellites.xml file direct from the image on Hydra.

You just pick the birds you want and it builds a list from Lyngsat website.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
gameboy said:
You can download the latest satellites.xml file direct from the image on Hydra.

You just pick the birds you want and it builds a list from Lyngsat website.

It does, but then again I don't have the Hydra on....

MEL714

Reaction score
I tried to download Hydra Files and it said that they were to large. But you can use these if you can.

Tore567

Reaction score
I'm about to buy a dreambox 7000s. I own a nokia mediamaster 9470s -the one without any CI. What I want to know, will the dreambox I'm getting give me a better picture -as the 9470s isn't bad for such a small receiver. Will I be able to update software via satellite. As I had problems with the nokia regarding this... and even downloading from the site... Also, do I need a "smartmouse card programmer" or cas 2 USB to program the card. Another worry, as the cams are built into the dream box, what do you do if they become obsolete in the future.. Is there a way to remove a built-in cam? I'm very new, would be garateful of any help!