allcam/matrix/magic

wisebird

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hi
i just wanted to know a thing that might seem simple to you.
what benefit (in slight detail) would i get if i replaced the all cam irdeto from my receiver with 1- magiccam
2-matrix reloaded cam?
since at least the magiccam will offer me the same the allcam does
thanx

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The first difference is that the Magic and matrix can accept original cards from several encryptions, the Irdeto based Freecam will only accept original Irdeto based cards or x in 1 type cards. The second is that the Irdeto will Emulate Irdeto based encryption cards (no card needed), but the Magic and Matrix can Emulate several encryptions and also autoupdate on some (nagravision for instance).
The Irdeto based Free/Allcam is probably at the limit of its capability, whilst the other two and in particular the Matrix Reloaded,have much more scope with ongoing software versions being produced and the hardware itself being more powerful.

wisebird

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thanks rolfw
but do you mean that if i can get the matrix cam i won't be needing any funcard to go along with?
and also is there any difference concerning the channel zapping time between the allcam and the magic cam since that the allcam emulates already and that could be a load on the system

lastly if i get the matrixcam right now knowing that my topfield 3000ci is patched with all cam software ,do i have to change the software or it's just remove that ,put this .]
thank youi again

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure how well the Matrix reloaded and Magic Module work on the Topfield.

The zapping as a rule, is quite a bit quicker on the MR than on the Irdeto CAM, the CAM has a better processor so can handle the higher workload.

To be able to update the MR CAM and view some channels, you will need a funcard 5 or 6.