Almost there with DB5620S

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Spiderbox 9000HD, Super DARK MOTOR, 80cm Dish, SKY+ HD, HTPC w/7MC
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
i'll move on to other images tomorrow...

just wanna play with this now ive got this far.

got latest hydra and cpanel, now which softcam do you suggest, im on astra 19e it the min.

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
DBF_v3_Revolutions_5620 is working well with me motor.

Only problem I have at the moment is not being able to lock onto the TP beaming the ART Channels, but thats another story, I'm sure you'll here more of :-splat

Love the new smilies btw :-lmao

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
homerjay said:
i'll move on to other images tomorrow...

just wanna play with this now ive got this far.

got latest hydra and cpanel, now which softcam do you suggest, im on astra 19e it the min.

NewcamD 5.28 and SCAM 2.5 or above are the CAMs of choice right now.

You might have to faff around to get the right keys installed at the moment, as the Hydra team are having a few probs.

You can get Gemini 1.02 from IHAD for the 5620. Lot of folks using it over there, does faultless Internet update, and has a great track record on the 7000. Have no personal experience of the 5620 version, but the 7000 version I can vouch for. Don't use my Dreambox for driving a motor though.

My tip is to only install 1 or 2 CAMs. More than that can clog up your nice clean box. Either of the above will get you most of what's out there. SCAM probably has the edge if you want mature content.

Have some fun...

:)

STICK

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
right, last night i maanged to get hydra, cpanel and NewcamD on my box but ran out of room trying to add scam, this on top of my motor being rendered useless.

so, i try dbf v3 revolutions image, but that still struggles to control the motor and doesnt seem to like downloading cams through the menu's.

i can live with hydra and a single softcam no probs, but this motor issue is becoming increasingly frustrating.

the motor is smooth and manovourable (sp) with my bigsat stb, but the dream box really struggles...

any idea's?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
As I've said, there are a few images out there that WILL control your motor properly. Find them.

The only other way is to live with it, and drive your motor using your other receiver. Best way to do this is with a twin LNB. Dreambox straight through to one output, and the other output via a motor to your working receiver.

Yes it's a bit pants, but you can't complain if you chose to move away from the stock image and get billions of tons of free TV.

STICK

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Do you have a 'use motor input power' option at the top of the motor setup window?

If you do, 'check box' it and set the power to '70mA' and see if that makes a difference.

One softcam should be OK

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
gameboy said:
Do you have a 'use motor input power' option at the top of the motor setup window?

If you do, 'check box' it and set the power to '70mA' and see if that makes a difference.

One softcam should be OK

hmm havnt noticed that, will check when i get home.

will only have an hours play tonight and i'm off t'footy...