Am I getting the best...

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 4200 Combi
Dish
Rotator
My Location
Sheffield
New to this and have a couple of questions currently I have a TM 4200 Combi which is working fantastic v.pleased, with a 80cm dish with a rotator. I can see the following Arabsat 2A, Astra2/Eurob, Eutelsat F3, Astra 1, Eutelsat w1, Wutelsat W2 and Hotbird however can't get Hispasat and anything else towards the west. Is it worth getting Hispasat and is it just a case of further fiddling with the elevation on the dish and will I continue to get the satalites that I currently have, is there a limit of expectation i.e you cant get everything. I live in Sheffield UK if that helps.

Also is there anything I could do to improve things i.e. extra LNB (would this still work with DiSqc)
Many regards, any help greatfully recieved.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You don't mention Thor 1 West, this would suggest that you have probably not set up your dish for Due south to centre the arc, with you being in Sheffield it should be. Have a look at This Thread

PS. Hispasat is one of the best to have at the moment. :)

Marts

My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
Hi from a born and bred (me) Sheffielder :) unable to answer most of your questions, different thingy's here in the middle of this big pond. One thing is for sure though, Hispasat at 30 west is a must

Regards - Marts

mick2me

My Satellite Setup
'Fortec Star Passion' (& a dead SL65) One of them big Woks on the outside, and a thingy that moves it about a bit.
My Location
Nottingham
Marts said:
Hi from a born and bred (me) Sheffielder :) unable to answer most of your questions, different thingy's here in the middle of this big pond. One thing is for sure though, Hispasat at 30 west is a must

Regards - Marts
WHY is that?

My Satellite Setup
Technomate 4200 Combi
Dish
Rotator
My Location
Sheffield
So in summery I guess although I am receiving a number of satalites I am still not set up correctly.

So I need to get the dish and motor mount dead central, and then rotate and set the angle exactly correct so that I get Thor1W which then as the mount sweeps across the Arc I shoudl get everything else. You are probably correct that it is not pointing due south as I iuse a compass that deviated slightly as it neared the motor assembly (magnet) so had to use my 'eye'

I guess if everything is correct then I shoudl get nearly all the Satalites within the Arc. ?

Regards

Ian