am I just thick ?

Reaction score
I have a panasonic TU-DSB31 I have read through most of the fourm to look for clues, I tried the force update (holding backup button) tried this twice both times it looks like it's doing something but then nothing, the problem lies with the EPG I only have 2.7bb.9* but I can't seem to update it, I have a free2air card that i live and works in my old digibox (it's the wrong colour for her highness) any ideas how I can sort my problems ? many thanks in advance

Panasonic TU-DSB31
Model :- 2.O.K
Version :- 0f0302
Serial :- 0029626*** (do you need it all?)
System Version 1.2S4Bc (exactly like that)
EPG :- 2.7bb.9*

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Reapply power to the box when holding the backup button and keep pressing until all the front panel lights light up.

Sometimes this can take as long as 20 seconds before the lights start up, the forced update itself could take as long as 15 minutes

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may also try going into the services menu, then system setup, whilst in there, press the backup button on the receiver and turn off the power at the mains, keep the button pressed in and after a few seconds turn on the power, keeping the button pressed until all of the lights flash. This method apparently has more success with the older software version.

If you are connected by scart lead the warning screen should come up on the TV.

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
The Pana 31 seems to have a problem if updates of software are missed, the forced download does not update the old version of software, I have come across this on about 8 x Pana 31's and have been told the ony answer is to replace the eprom's which is not cost effective.

Reaction score
I have tried the backup button on the front a few times, I did it with the unit turned on for 30 in standby then powered off for 2 mins the powered on holding the backup button the full time, it appears to be working but then dosn't... I will try the system menu method and see what happens, I have tried phoneing $ly about it but they just want to sign me up to a second hand contract before helping me....

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you actually pulling the mains plug or switching off at the socket and are you getting the message on the screen?

Reaction score
I have been removing the 8 plug out the back of the unit for each attempt, and yes each time I do it I get the 4 lights and the on screen message

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
OK, sorry, just that we've had it before where members have misunderstood the disconnect instruction and hence gone round in circles. :)

The switching off with the backup button depressed is supposed to do the trick in 90% of cases, but there are a few on which it doesn't work. Also try it with the card inserted and out of the box. :)

Reaction score
it just a bloody nightmare at the min, however all is not lost my sister in law is away for the week we got her box and card :) only downfall is the misses will now want me to subscribe after haveing it for the week :(

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
if it doesnt upgrade,the new card will not work.sometimes you have to force upgrade quite a few times,but in between power should be off for a few minutes so the voltages in the box die down and the box resets.Its very old software though,so it might never upgrade.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
You can buy panasonic dsb31's on ebay cheap, as fta boxes only, because they will not update.So as previous post,it is a common fault,.......