American Justice Department threatens to outlaw Greenpeace

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Next week, on May 17th, Greenpeace USA will be under threat of being declared a criminal organisation at the behest of the US Attorney General, under an obscure law that has been invoked only twice in its 130 years on the statute books - the last time was more than 100 years ago.

Individual activists have been prosecuted in the past for carrying out action in support of Greenpeace campaigns worldwide - it is not unusual, and those individuals are prepared to take the consequences of their actions.

...Greenpeace USA headquarters in Washington was served notice that the US Attorney General's office would be prosecuting the entire organisation for the action - the first time in history that the US Government has prosecuted an advocacy group for a free-speech related activity.

Greenpeace MSNBC

Not really the kind of publicity Bush needs.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, whilst I sometimes don't agree with some of their actions, this would not be a good move for the Americans, they have a bad enough reputation on green issues already.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
They have a bad enough reputation about almost anything you care to mention under this single-cell brained president.

PaulR

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What, praising him up PaulR? :)

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
well if bush is succeeded then the film The day after tomorrow will become true in 50 yrs time

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
PaulR said:
They have a bad enough reputation about almost anything you care to mention under this single-cell brained president.
Late breaking news.

The braincell died of loneliness...

PaulR