AMOS-2 satellite reception

petervitch

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
metronic touch box 3
STAB-USALS dish motor
My Location
hampshire
I want to receive "AMOS-2" but I am a novice.How do I find it and set it up on my "Touch box 3 receiver" I have "Stab motor system"

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

If you look on Lyngsat.com, you will be able to check what channels you require on 4W. If you click on the last column (beam) it will tell you what dish size you need.
Is your dish big enough?

Assuming it is, you would add 4W to your active satellite list,motorise the dish to the correct position and perform a scan.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
petervitch said:
I want to receive "AMOS-2" but I am a novice.How do I find it and set it up on my "Touch box 3 receiver" I have "Stab motor system"

You do not show your dish size in your profile but in reality you will need at least a 1.8mtr to get even the European beams acccording to Lyngsat, I doubt you stand much chance as Amos 1 and 2 are primarily aimed at the Middle East but some transponders are focussed on central Europe as per here. I am not suggesting you will not get any, I can sometimes get the odd channel but you do not mention what it is you want to receive so nobody can be specific.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
on 4west i've had megasport thats it really as my dish 90cm is abit small to get anything else