Amplifier for Polish TV

mark one

Reaction score
My Location
Warrington, Cheshire
Hi Everyone

I know very little about satellite TV, so if I am in the wrong forum please forgive.
I sat up a 90-inch dish to receive Polish TV from the Astra satellite. I am getting two channels with a very good picture on 45 and 105 and one channel with a lot of interference on 155 I believe their should be a forth channel somewhere but I can’t find it.

I am looking for an amplifier to boost the signal, but can’t find one on line.

Can anyone help, would be really appreciated

The equipment was supplied by Lidl about 6 months ago

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I presume that you mean a 90cm dish Mark One, just checked the Lynsat Free Polish TV and couldn't find much on Astra and none on Astra in analogue. Do you have an analogue or Digital receiver?

PS. Forget the amplifier, they only work when trying to compensate for a very long cable run, you may get more improvement from tweaking the dish and adjusting the LNB Skew (rotation).

mark one

Reaction score
My Location
Warrington, Cheshire
rolfw said:
I presume that you mean a 90cm dish Mark One, just checked the Lynsat Free Polish TV and couldn't find much on Astra and none on Astra in analogue. Do you have an analogue or Digital receiver?

PS. Forget the amplifier, they only work when trying to compensate for a very long cable run, you may get more improvement from tweaking the dish and adjusting the LNB Skew (rotation).

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure whether it is analogue ir digital although i think it is analogue.

If I move any part of the dish from its present postion more the a cm or so I loose the picture from all the channels. I spent four days trying to get it better including relocating the dish. ut there is nothing it its way for several hundred meters so there should not be a problem their.

If I move it a little bit west i get more german and other channels but i loose the polish ones.

I read somewhere here that it is possible to connect it to the sky receiver, do I need a splitter of some sort or will the 90 cm dish receive normal sky pograms too?

I have just cancelled Sky.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, need more information, such as which channels are you picking up and what are the details of your receiver?

mark one

Reaction score
My Location
Warrington, Cheshire
rolfw said:
OK, need more information, such as which channels are you picking up and what are the details of your receiver?

The first program I get is on channel 7, which is arte. Next program is on channel 25 ouno but there is interference.

35 Polish Channel 4 a lot of interference

37 TVP Polonia with interference

38 DW good reception

39 BBC World good

40 TRT slight interference

41 TV5 Europe good

42 t7 good

43 tg2 good

44 Rai Tre good

45 RVP Polonia good

48 Ouno good

49 M2 good

74 to 77 Radio Stations with a clear pic from Ouno

82 to 84 Radio Station with clear Pic from TRT

85 and 86 BBc Radio with clear Pic from BBC World

89 to 95 Radio (Turkish I think) DW clear Pic

103 and 104 radio with t7 tv in the background

105 Polish channel 4 clear

106 to 108 Radio with Tai Due TV in the background

109 to 112 Polish Radio

113 ro 114 Radio with RTP in background

115 to 116 good quality pic from RTP but interference for sound

124 TBN Europe good

155 TVN Polish with some interference

157 and 158 Rai Tre good

159 TBN Europe good

Reciever is a SR1902VC and the only other marking is DISEqC

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Mark One - there are only 3 Polish channels on 13E analogue now. The fourth one closed a few months back and went digital.

If you want Polish TV then invest in a digital receiver (not a Sky Digibox). There are several fta Polish services available off 13E digital.

mark one

Reaction score
My Location
Warrington, Cheshire
Thanks. I am looking for a digital reciever. Bid for a couple on e bay, but i might as well go to a dealer.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You could try going HERE look for the Coship 2300 FTA or 5300 Ci, both great receivers at very good prices. Alternatively, try sateuropa by pressing the Technisat banner at the top of the page, they have a number of FTA receivers. (you may have to refresh a couple of times to get it to cycle through)

Nottyman

Reaction score
Thanks for above info. I too am new and what satellite for Polish TV. I have a borrowed Lidl system with the same box but mine only seems to be a 70cm dish(I presume its the diameter?!) I live in Nottingham so a 90cm is needed I believe. I am beginning to think digital is going to be best.

Does anyone have experience of satellites in Warsaw Poland as I might take the Lild one there?
Nottyman

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hurry up and find new receivers for Polish channels. TVN and TV4 cease analogue transmissions from 13E on 1st July :-(

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Analogue will soon be dead as a Dodo. It's sad to see, as this is how most of us got into sat. The old grey 80cm dishes pointed at 19E, they opened a lot of eye's and many a can of worms.

mark one

Reaction score
My Location
Warrington, Cheshire
Analoguesat said:
Hurry up and find new receivers for Polish channels. TVN and TV4 cease analogue transmissions from 13E on 1st July :-(

Not been here for a while, thanks for the warning but the Polish TV is still on

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Yes - they were *supposed* to disappear at the beginning of July - along with RTPi Portugal. All three channels are still on, so I guess something got delayed somewhere.

However, the reprieve can only be temporary, but enjoy them as long as they are still around.