Amplifier & multiswitch instaal help please

hoppo

Reaction score
I am fitting 2, qaud outlet LNBs (Astra & Hotbird) to an 8 inlet 8 outlet amplifier/multiswitch for a friend in Ibiza.

Reading the instructions has just confused & worried me. Any tips on the installation from the experts here will help me immensely.

Thanks to all, hoppo

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
hoppo said:

Reading the instructions has just confused & worried me. Any tips on the installation from the experts here will help me immensely.

it would help if you could tell us what particular concerns you have and why its worrying you, else the answer might be as generic as the question... for example "just plug it toghether" - cts

hoppo

Reaction score
closetosoton said:
it would help if you could tell us what particular concerns you have and why its worrying you, else the answer might be as generic as the question... for example "just plug it toghether" - cts

Having read the instructions, it says you need "special meters" for the installation of the mulitiswitch. If it is just pug it together then all well and good.
It is the Diseq, etc from the qaud LNBs/multiswitch. Does it do it all & i just change channels or is there a complicated set up for the STB (illusion M3)

Any help appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You don't need special meters to set up the multiswitch, but you probably need quattro LNBs, not Quads.

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
rolfw said:
You don't need special meters to set up the multiswitch, but you probably need quattro LNBs, not Quads.

Is it possible to use a quad in place of a quattro with a multiswitch??

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
You could do it if you could make each of the LNB inputs of the multiswitch present the correct voltage and 22kHz tone for each band/polarity required.

Not inpossible but probably impractical.

PaulR