Amstr. DRX100 Problem description & cry for help:Have you got a cheap Digibox 4 sale

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
My history with operational difficulties are well documented, some of the veteran users might remember the trials & tribulations I had when first attempting to view some decent TV here deep in the Rhine valley, where the wine is red, the girls are beautiful and the TV stinks. After much appreciated help from you, (and especially Rolf!! :-righton ) I finally managed to watch some TV since about the end of August with my Amstrad Drx 100 Digibox. Some days ago I had a power cut, after which there was no more signal. After checking everything (again with invaluable help from Rolf) and some looking around in the internet I found this text, which exactly describes the problem:
“This box is well known for developing a fault in the tuner unit. When the tuner begins to break down, the result can begin with "blocky" pictures or freeze-frame effects. If your unlucky, it will go quickly and you'll be left with "no signal" displayed across your screen. If you have an Amstrad your having problems, press the SERVICES button, go to SYSTEM SETUP, and then into SIGNAL TEST. If your signal strength / signal quality bars are leaping about all over the place as in the image above, or just plain non-existent, then it's likely that your box has developed the dreaded tuner fault.”

If you ever have this phenomenon, you know you’ve been DRX’ed.

So much for the problem with the DRX, now for the cry of help:

Does anybody have a cheap second hand Digibox for sale? If so, please send me a personal message. Much appreciate it!!

Thanks,

TG

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is possible to buy and install a tuner, but it not a job for the inexperienced. I believe that Satcure do a kit, see Nobbly's Big Links forum.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
If you do a search for the following thread "Amstrad DRX100 and new Tuner", you'll find some previous discussion of this problem and how to repair a faulty tuner.