Analogue box, with digibox dish

Goldie

Reaction score
Hello all
I have the standard digibox setup i.e. digibox with dish supplied by SKY, in my living room
What I need now is to install another receiver in my bedroom, but still use the normal setup downstairs.
Do I have to use a digital receiver on a digital dish, or can I buy and use an analogue receiver as well as a digibox on the dish, and pick up some channels?
I do realise that I need a dual/quad LNB to be fitted.

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will not find any analogue signals on the 28.2E position. and if you want to run a second digital receiver, you will require a twin or quad LNb.

Goldie

Reaction score
If the dish is moved towards another satellite, i.e. hotbird, will an analogue receiver pick up channels using the digibox dish?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, but depending where you are, the minidish may be too small for a good signal on Hotbird.

Goldie

Reaction score
Well, not necessarily Hotbird.
I live in Leigh. nr Wigan.
My dish is fitted on the back wall of my property, but if you look at the back of the house, the dish is pointing to the left, so has only the ability to swing 180 degs in an East - North - West direction, and has very good view of the sky as no houses are blocking.
Anyway, thank you for your help. I have donated £1 to the forum via NOCHEX.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks for the donation Goldie, always appreciated. :) There is not much that you can receive in analogue to the East of the Sky digital group of satellites at 28.2E, the exception probably being turksat http://www.lyngsat.com/turk42.shtml