analogue dish

G

guest user

is it possible to get channels from 19.2 with a Raven zone one $ky minidish coz i tryed and had no luck getting a signal or is best to use a bigger dish?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Better to use a bigger dish, but a zone one will suffice for midlands and /southern England.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
modern said:
is it possible to get channels from 19.2 with a Raven zone one $ky minidish coz i tryed and had no luck getting a signal or is best to use a bigger dish?

What have you got the LNB setting in the receiver at? An old analogue box may well have its LNb setting at 10,000MHz. The LNB on the Sky digiboxes will be 9,750 MHz

If you have the wrong one set, all yuor frequencies will be 250MHz out, and you wont get much.

G

guest user

Analoguesat said:
What have you got the LNB setting in the receiver at? An old analogue box may well have its LNb setting at 10,000MHz. The LNB on the Sky digiboxes will be 9,750 MHz

If you have the wrong one set, all yuor frequencies will be 250MHz out, and you wont get much.

It works fine for getting mtv2pop, viva, and viva+ but its quite hard to get rid of the sprakels on mtv and alot of germany channels but, I only use it for the music channels and eurosport but it looks like i have no chance getting a digital signal from it

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
modern said:
It works fine for getting mtv2pop, viva, and viva+ but its quite hard to get rid of the sprakels on mtv and alot of germany channels but, I only use it for the music channels and eurosport but it looks like i have no chance getting a digital signal from it

MTV is one of the 8 or 9 channels operating off Astra 1B, the oldest and lowest power bird at that slot. The sparklies are caused by a slightly too weak signal. The dish should work fine for digital stuff - 1B doesnt currently have any digital transmissions on it, and all the newer birds are reasonably high power.

I started with a circular 60cm dish, and had lots of sparklies on analogue signals. (Especially in the rain & it rains a lot in Scotland...) No problems with that dish at all on digital once I treated myself to a nice Echostar :-)

G

guest user

Analoguesat said:
MTV is one of the 8 or 9 channels operating off Astra 1B, the oldest and lowest power bird at that slot. The sparklies are caused by a slightly too weak signal. The dish should work fine for digital stuff - 1B doesnt currently have any digital transmissions on it, and all the newer birds are reasonably high power.

I started with a circular 60cm dish, and had lots of sparklies on analogue signals. (Especially in the rain & it rains a lot in Scotland...) No problems with that dish at all on digital once I treated myself to a nice Echostar :-)

whats the trick the align the dish to digital i got it so there only a few sparkles on mtv but it very hard to get rid of them. But the thing is im using a grundig digibox but i read on the net that the signal meter thing doesnt work on the box?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
modern said:
whats the trick the align the dish to digital i got it so there only a few sparkles on mtv but it very hard to get rid of them. But the thing is im using a grundig digibox but i read on the net that the signal meter thing doesnt work on the box?

It wont. Its looking for the default transponder on Astra 2. However, if you delve around in the menus in the installer part, (SERVICES 4-0-1-SELECT, and be careful what you change in here!). Put a new frequency into the one with the signal strength bars, and you should get your signal strength. The quality setting is all important - anything above 50% is fine.

G

guest user

Analoguesat said:
It wont. Its looking for the default transponder on Astra 2. However, if you delve around in the menus in the installer part, (SERVICES 4-0-1-SELECT, and be careful what you change in here!). Put a new frequency into the one with the signal strength bars, and you should get your signal strength. The quality setting is all important - anything above 50% is fine.

What Frequecency do i but in to point it at astra 19.2?

thanks,
mike

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire