analogue is not dead yet

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
I'm after a list of receivers which will run both analogue and digital:

I know of two:

-technomate 5000DA
-echostar 3000IP

The reason is I want as much FTA french stuff from 5W, about half the channels are digital and the other half are analogue. Thus my requirments. OK I could have two receivers, but it for my folks, who would probably rather have just one. Both the models I list here are well out of date now, I guess eBay is my best bet - unless you're using one as a door wedge. - But are there any other receivers to consider? I think the echostar is a bit top-end for my requirements to be honest, with 36V drive etc etc....

-cts

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I installed a Technomate 5000DACI (?DAPCI - summat like that anyway!) last year for a lad from up the road and was quite impressed with it.

On 5W, the fta digital stuff from France will almost certainly disappear in the not too distant future(*), so you may want to just consider an analogue box.

(*) Once dtt multiplex 6 starts up as the french are combining 2 dtt multiplexes into 1 satellite frequency. The current fta stuff is only there because plex 6 isnt operational yet.

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
Analoguesat said:
On 5W, the fta digital stuff from France will almost certainly disappear in the not too distant future,

pants. :(

Analoguesat said:
so you may want to just consider an analogue box.

got a good stock of those :)

-cts

greg-h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
thinking of buying technomate 5000ci or
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
Maybe 2 boxes won't be so bad I recentley set up an analouge set up for a retired german neigbour who up untill last month never even owned a tv so it cant be that bad_i hope

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Strong SRT4375 is also a nice combo unit, not too pricey either. :)

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
Just got an old analogue decoder Echostar LT-730 today I'm trying to see if I can work out a few French channels in C-band. I think the French channels are of the few remaining analogue ones. Any one know any in C-band that could take my time for a while. I hear ArabSat has a few good ones too. Any idea when they will get rid of them entirely? Thanx

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I have a feeling the Arab states will be amongst the last to convert to digital as many of the countries the supply are fairly poor.

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
I think you are right Arab states may be the last! I got Arabsat 2C and has good quality when U play with the dish nicely. Sadly, had good channels in digital but all disappeared after a while. But most of the analogue ones are intact. Which is good as I think it feels just good going back a technology a bit and see how nice it is to tune a Sat receiver manually.
Oh one more thing. Had to find a digital receiver with the tps for Arabsat 2C. Good thing I had collected some b4 trying it out.