Andrews 1.8m on its way on monday

R

Rd100

I was thinking of getting a 1.8m Andrews (channel master) since i installed one fore someone for czech link on astra 3a so i decided to treat myself to one on friday it will be here on monday, I was also lucky as i got the polar mount for free as it was discontinued stock, I have installed a few of these over the years but never got around to getting one

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Good luck with that Rd100 do they deliver on a bank holiday?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
We need a picture when its set up :D

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
very nice, you must have a big garden to get away with one

is it just for astra 3a or you going to motorise it ?

Hitchcock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
If you motorize it, and if you have a depolarizer lying around :D, would you mind pointing it at 61.5°W and telling us if your Technomate sees any signal, anything at all?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
oh i read the post on ds forums but that was a 2.4metre dish though ?

R

Rd100

It is not getting delivered by a parcel company i got the dish from a trade warehouse and one of the guys who works there lives in chepstow he already has the dish on the van as they do there own deliverys and is droping it off tomorrow morning for me

toppervte33h said:
Good luck with that Rd100 do they deliver on a bank holiday?

madian

Reaction score
Rd100 said:
It is not getting delivered by a parcel company i got the dish from a trade warehouse and one of the guys who works there lives in chepstow he has already has the dish on the van as they do there own deliverys and is droping it off tomorrow morning for me

funny thing just came past there [chepstow] on my way home could have picked it up [pontypool]

madian

good luck with it m8 [lucky sod]:D

madian

Reaction score
Rd100 said:
Thanks do you live in pontypool then? What satellite gear do you have

yes m8 i live in sunny pontypool

manhattan st300
1.5metre
drag/matrix
loads of cards fun,s/tit 1[blue] oplus 105 /goldy and a few others
so where are you based m8

madian

R

Rd100

I live in cwmbran ,

What dish make dish have you got, Also it that the new manhattan you have if so what do you think of it

madian said:
yes m8 i live in sunny pontypool

manhattan st300
1.5metre
drag/matrix
loads of cards fun,s/tit 1[blue] oplus 105 /goldy and a few others
so where are you based m8

madian

madian

Reaction score
Rd100 said:
I live in cwmbran ,

What dish make dish have you got, Also it that the new manhattan you have if so what do you think of it

bought it out of the inshops [steve] and i am very pleased with it had it about 8 months one of the best buys i have done the dish i dont know the make but it pulls in everything i want it to so i am very happy with that
got the dish when i was doing a job for a guy in newport it was stuck in a corner being a sat freak i saw it and asked him wot was he doing with it
cut a long story short 5 mins l8r it was on the back of the wagon

madian

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
Rd100 said:
no a 1.8m i said on ds

yeah i meant that the person on ds forums had a 2.4metre dish that picked up 61w and hitchcock was refering to it but was asking you to try it on the 1.8m when you get it aswell

R

Rd100

ARR I see now what you mean what channels was they picking up was it in the c or ku band, I can get passed 61w where i am as im on the side of a hill over looking the bristol channel i can also get eutelsat w5 70.5e as well on my current 1.2m

wod said:
yeah i meant that the person on ds forums had a 2.4metre dish that picked up 61w and hitchcock was refering to it but was asking you to try it on the 1.8m when you get it aswell

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
it was the direct tv test card on 61west they got on a 2.4metre dish in ireland but the user didn't have a c band lnb so its was very faint

dont know whether it would be possible to pickup the channels as i thought the satellite was below the horizon and in c band or whatever

the dish wasn't a channelmaster so you may have a better chance

R

Rd100

i will give it try i can get 58w no prblem on my dish and still view is still clear view after that i will give it a try
wod said:
it was the direct tv test card on 61west they got on a 2.4metre dish in ireland but the user didn't have a c band lnb so its was very faint

dont know whether it would be possible to pickup the channels as i thought the satellite was below the horizon and in c band or whatever

the dish wasn't a channelmaster so you may have a better chance

R

Rd100

Update got the dish about 30 min ago have not had chance to unpack it yes as im off out soon, Yes will be ground mounted next to my channel master (andrews) 1.2, alrady got the pole lucky i got the guys next door to dig me a nice hole in the garden yesterday as next door are haveing work done on there garden and they have a mini jcb on hire save a lot of digging
smile.gif

Hitchcock

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Regarding my post about trying to pick up 61.5°W, I did say if you had a depolarizer (or some kind of teflon plate inserted in the feedhorn), otherwise there's no point in trying it really. The guy in Ireland who got the Dish Network test card on his 2.4 m dish didn't have a depolarizer (the signals on 61.5°W need a depolarizer to be picked up correctly), so he was losing a lot of signal, his dish was giving the same results on 61.5°W as a 1.7 m with a depolarizer.