andrews feed horn big dissapointment

R

Rd100

where did you but it froon as all andrew channel master feed horn come in a white box with the 1X feedhorn 1x wave guide 1x feed cover,

It looks look where you brought if from kept the wave guide and cover, If it was brough from a shop known as a satellite super store;) they are known for keeping the wave giude and cover,

I have a andrews feedhorn here boxed with cover and wave guide that i ordered in for some one which i got to post out tomorrow,

see in the pdf below the feedhorn you should have and be useing is model number 611-6060-07

http://www.channelmaster.com/pdf/KBANDRX.PDF

iwol said:
cheers rd just came in bubble wrap is the will see if no. on feed horn

R

Rd100

yep thats the right one just checked right now, its printed on the top of the flange which bolts to the c120 lnb

iwol said:
hi rd 100 the number on the feedhorn is 3040661 if this means anything

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
technomate 6900,,and invacom 0.3 quad lnb
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
hi rd100 great info got to go out now:( can wwe continue this convaersation later cheers

R

Rd100

Ok no problem and it is a channel master 1.2m dish you have ain't it,

The only thing that would drop the signal is faulty LNB or Warped dish,

iwol said:
hi rd100 great info got to go out now:( can wwe continue this convaersation later cheers

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
Iwol,how much was the difference in % (pic.quality) when you changed the Maximum for the Inverto+feedhorn?

I think your problem is the Inverto lnb,not the feed.I've had very poor results with the Inverto on my Fibo and the Gibertini as well.

The cheapo Interstar GI-201 works a lot better on both my dishes.

So if you are a homebrewer you could always try what I did:

Cut the feed off your Maximum lnbf with a saw and then attach it to the Andrews feed.If it doesn't work (I think it will) the Maximum is so cheap you can always buy a new one.

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
thanks guys yes it is a 1.2m cm what difference does the wave guide make and should it come with the feedhorn

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
the difference just measured is about 4 to 5 percent roughly the lower figure with the feedhorn just tried again with maximum and some channels on 7w are watchable but with the inverto/feedhorn none watchable infact not clearing at all it seems the 4 or 5 percent makes a big difference anybody got anymore suggestions plz thanks everyone for their time especially rd100

R

Rd100

I would be ok with out the wave guide,

Have you tried moveing the dish the the lnb in the correct place,

The only problem then must be a faulty lnb,

iwol said:
the difference just measured is about 4 to 5 percent roughly the lower figure with the feedhorn just tried again with maximum and some channels on 7w are watchable but with the inverto/feedhorn none watchable infact not clearing at all it seems the 4 or 5 percent makes a big difference anybody got anymore suggestions plz thanks everyone for their time especially rd100

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
put the lnb where it should be before above test do you mean re align dish rd100 to suit feedhorn? cheers

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
No you don't need to realign the dish, i think you have a faulty LNB as RD100 says.

They make thousands of these LNBs and you might be unlucky.

Contact the dealer you bought the Inverto from and ask to try another sample as you beleive it's something wrong with the one you have.

Here is a picture of a Andrew 120 i installed last year, you can see that the feed is placed more closer to the dish than you have now, it's the outer grooves you have to match to the plastic feed bracket.

R

Rd100

Wow that place looks nice where is it also it looks like azel mount fixed dish if so what is it beening used for
Likvid said:
No you don't need to realign the dish, i think you have a faulty LNB as RD100 says.

They make thousands of these LNBs and you might be unlucky.

Contact the dealer you bought the Inverto from and ask to try another sample as you beleive it's something wrong with the one you have.

Here is a picture of a Andrew 120 i installed last year, you can see that the feed is placed more closer to the dish than you have now, it's the outer grooves you have to match to the plastic feed bracket.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Rd100 said:
Wow that place looks nice where is it also it looks like azel mount fixed dish if so what is it beening used for

Yes it is fixed at the Thor satellite, location outside Nice, France.

Installed it last summer.

R

Rd100

So i take it was for canal+, Also how much did you pay for the dish and where did you get it.

Likvid said:
Yes it is fixed at the Thor satellite, location outside Nice, France.

Installed it last summer.

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
is it classed as faulty because its working perfect just slightly less than the maximum i only notice because i am on 7w everything else ok do you think its worth trying an invacom thanks for your time and patience iwol

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Rd100 said:
So i take it was for canal+, Also how much did you pay for the dish and where did you get it.

I have enterprise account with Andrew, yes it is for Canal Digital Nordic.

Below are my trade prices:

Andrew Type 120 Rx-Only OIffset Antenna System, AZ-EL mount p/n 621200050 1pcs - Ex-stock EUR160,00
Andrew Rx Feedhorn p/n 611606007 1pcs - Ex-stock EUR26,00
Andrew Kingpost mount p/n 610012901 1pcs - Ex-stock EUR108,00

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
hi likvid and rd100 sorry to bug you but ive just been outside (you know what its like)checked the signal on the maximum out ,then i removed the feedhorn/inverto and moved it all over the place and could not get a signal as high as the maximum,is it worth getting a invacom instead as this inverto was only £15 any input once again highly appreciated iwol

R

Rd100

That's about the same prices i get but they always charge loads for postage,
Likvid said:
I have enterprise account with Andrew, yes it is for Canal Digital Nordic.

Below are my trade prices:

Andrew Type 120 Rx-Only OIffset Antenna System, AZ-EL mount p/n 621200050 1pcs - Ex-stock EUR160,00
Andrew Rx Feedhorn p/n 611606007 1pcs - Ex-stock EUR26,00
Andrew Kingpost mount p/n 610012901 1pcs - Ex-stock EUR108,00

R

Rd100

You can try a invacom if you want to but do you want to spend more money,

But i have already tested a invacom on my dish and the inverto is better

iwol said:
hi likvid and rd100 sorry to bug you but ive just been outside (you know what its like)checked the signal on the maximum out ,then i removed the feedhorn/inverto and moved it all over the place and could not get a signal as high as the maximum,is it worth getting a invacom instead as this inverto was only £15 any input once again highly appreciated iwol

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Rd100 said:
That's about the same prices i get but they always charge loads for postage,

Yes, 250 euro for shipping from Essen, Germany to France :-doh!

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
not really but i cant believe a £10 maximun lnb is gonna give me a better signal nthan the £70 feedhorn/lnb ive just bought cheers rd100:mad: