iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
technomate 6900,,and invacom 0.3 quad lnb
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
dont think its a dud i had 2 and both were poor the best i found was the invacom quad but even this wasnt earth shattering from the one i took off and that was adding feed horn as well

ndiqbal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500s
45E to 45W
1.2M Channel Mater
My Location
Manchester UK
Hi!
I have just read all 4 pages of this thread, but still seems to be unclear to which LNB/Feedhord performs the best with Andrews 1.2 Channel Master Dish.

I have the CM 1.2, with the old version of the Titanium .02LNB, which brings in some of the Vertical Transponders on Nilsat 7W, this is between 9.30pm and 11pm (UK Time). I am based in Manchester.

I would like to bring the thread back to live again and see what people are using to get the best of their CM 1.2 Dish.

Thanks

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
ndiqbal said:
Hi!
I have just read all 4 pages of this thread, but still seems to be unclear to which LNB/Feedhord performs the best with Andrews 1.2 Channel Master Dish.

I have the CM 1.2, with the old version of the Titanium .02LNB, which brings in some of the Vertical Transponders on Nilsat 7W, this is between 9.30pm and 11pm (UK Time). I am based in Manchester.

I would like to bring the thread back to live again and see what people are using to get the best of their CM 1.2 Dish.

Thanks

The CM/asc feed horn can be very slightly restrictive because the dish & feed horn are designed for commercial use, normally on much stronger signals to give good 24/7 consistent service and so slightly less, rather than more noise at the edge is favoured in that case ... whereas, we want to milk every last drop for tiny signals like 7w here and 2d on the fringe, so you may gain a bit (only a bit) with a wider scala/ feedhorn illumination of the dish.... sometimes an LNBf can do that and sometimes it's the same or worse.... or the lnb inside is performing better................ or not....

ndiqbal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500s
45E to 45W
1.2M Channel Mater
My Location
Manchester UK
pedro2000uk - Thanks for your info. I am getting a few picture braks on 7W on all the vertical channels. Horizontal is not in sight, due to the beam.

I am using the 1st edition on the Titanium 0.2LNB. with my CM 1.2 dish. With this set-up, should I get a better signal on this bird. I only require 4-5% signal so then I would have a watchable picture.

pedro2000uk I see that you can view a large arc. I would like to know if you can pick-up any channels on the ****** satellite at 38E and also any C-band channels on 68.5E?

Once again thanks for your input. I am tempted to buy myself a C120 LNB and the CM Feedhorn, but if the gain is not noticeable, then its not worth spending £60-£80.

Thanks again.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
ndiqbal said:
I am tempted to buy myself a C120 LNB and the CM Feedhorn, but if the gain is not noticeable, then its not worth spending £60-£80.
I used a CM feedhorn and Invacom C120 quad on my dish for a while. Tried it in all positions (in, out, etc). My meter has C/N and BER so it's really easy to compare to LNBs. Anyway the CM feedhorn has been relegated to conversation piece and paperweight (stops my desk fan blowing everything away). And the dish now has an Inverto Black Ultra LNB which is great for Astra 2D. Can receive BBC1 24 hours a day now which is pretty good for a 1.5m dish around here.

Phoenixx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sat hobby
My Location
Netherlands
Please post in English on the non-international threads. Brexit has already happened, most just don't know it yet.
Sprietje, nog bedankt voor de info en ik ga hiermee verder om mijn ontvangst te vebeteren
zodat ik meer out of food prints kan ontvangen.

Intussen ben ik weer eens met de fibo aan het sleutelen geweest en heb ik weer een aantal zaken ontdekt
die intressant voor mij zijn. Mijn Patriot feedhorn was binnengekomen en heb deze met een Invacom quad
op het focuspunt bevestigd en merkte dat door de combinatie van de Patriot rillenfeed en hoge kruispolarisatie
van de Invacom Quad lnb het signaal schoner is en daardoor de treshold van de Clarctech 5100c beter werkt ;)

Ook ben ik benieuwd als je de ronde pijp van modding lnb`s vervangt door 4 kant 19 mm m.b.t een sterker signaal.

De spreadsheet (met dank aan A33) om de illuminatie hoek te bepalen, heb ik geprobeerd met Fibohoek 77 graden
volgens de tekening van Spreitje, erg handig! ;) De Patriot feedhorn van 0.6 heeft volgens de spreat sheet
een illuminatie hoek van +- 90 graden en over illumineerd de Fibo, dit geld ook voor de Inverto feedhorn, maar
de ontvangst waarde vergeleken daarbij zijn erg goed. Ook zwakke signalen op de dm 920 van 3 db zijn zonder blokken

Vaak lees ik dat een grotere feedhorn niet veel uitmaakt m.b.t signaal waarde, toch denk ik aan het bekende
cardbord filmpje op ytube "making a cardboard feedhorn" dat er dus wel degelijk meer signaal is dan alleen maar
een grotere schotel die niet iedereen kan of mag plaatsen.. Ook zijn er grotere primfocus feedhorns in de handel
met 7 ringen alleen jammer dat er geen specs bij staan..

Mischien is het een idee voor Trust om op de draaibank feedhorns te maken, ik zoek nog feedhorns om mee
te experimenteren met een illuminatie hoek van 77 graden en een f/d van 0.715 volgens de spreadsheet..

Lekker weer aan de hobby nu ..

Attachments

• Fibostangen  bevesttigd IBU max gain lnb.jpg
    Fibostangen bevesttigd IBU max gain lnb.jpg
    846.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Prodelin feed Invacom quad - signal treshold verbetering.jpg
    Prodelin feed Invacom quad - signal treshold verbetering.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Prodelin 51 feed Invacom quad.jpg
    Prodelin 51 feed Invacom quad.jpg
    866.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Fibo IBU hoogte.jpg
    Fibo IBU hoogte.jpg
    915.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Fibo-IBU lengte.jpg
    Fibo-IBU lengte.jpg
    950.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Ctech 5100c Nilesat IBU max gain lnb .jpg
    Ctech 5100c Nilesat IBU max gain lnb .jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 40

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Translation of the above, others can correct as time goes on as there is a Pinotage on the table requiring my utmost attention.

In the meantime I have been working on the fibo again and I have discovered a number of things
that are interesting to me. My Patriot feedhorn had arrived and got it with an Invacom quad
confirmed at the focal point and noticed that due to the combination of the Patriot shivering feed and high cross-polarization
the signal from the Invacom Quad lnb is cleaner and therefore the threshold of the Clarctech 5100c works better;)

I am also curious if you replace the round pipe of modding LNBs with 4 side 19 mm with a stronger signal.

I tried the spreadsheet (thanks to A33) to determine the illumination angle with Fibohoek 77 degrees
according to the drawing of Spreitje, very handy! ;) The Patriot feedhorn of 0.6 has according to the spreat sheet
an illuminating angle of + - 90 degrees and over illuminating the Fibo, this also applies to the Inverto feedhorn, but
the reception value compared to that are very good. Also weak signals on the dm 920 of 3 db are without blocks

I often read that a larger feedhorn does not matter much with regard to signal value, yet I think of the known
cardbord video on ytube "making a cardboard feedhorn" that there is indeed more signal than just
a larger dish that not everyone can or may place .. There are also larger primfocus feedhorns on the market
with 7 rings only a pity that there are no specs ..

Maybe it is an idea for Trust to make feedhorns on the lathe, I'm still looking for feedhorns
to experiment with an illumination angle of 77 degrees and an f / d of 0.715 according to the spreadsheet ..

Nice back to the hobby now ..

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
@Phoenixx Wow! So much information!
Why do you think that opening angle of the main mirror of Fibo 120 dish is 77*? According to mine measurements it is 86*, so Patriot feedhorn should perfectly illuminate the dish. But main idea of dual-reflector antenna-system is to use subreflector and that helps reception.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Translation:
Blade, thanks for the info and I will continue to improve my reception
so that I can receive more out of food prints.

In the meantime I have been working on the fibo again and I have discovered a number of things
that are interesting for me. My Patriot feedhorn had arrived and
confirmed it with an Invacom quad at the focal point and noticed that the combination of the Patriot crease feed and high cross-polarization
of the Invacom Quad lnb makes the signal cleaner and therefore the threshold of the Clarctech 5100c works better;)

I am also curious if you replace the round pipe of modding lnb`s with 4 side 19 mm with regard to a stronger signal.

The spreadsheet (thanks to A33) to determine the illumination angle, I tried with Fibohoek 77 degrees
according to the drawing of Spreitje, very handy! ;) The Patriot feedhorn of 0.6 has
an illuminating angle of + - 90 degrees according to the spreat sheet and the Fibo illuminates over, this also applies to the Inverto feedhorn, but
the reception value compared to that is very good. Also weak signals on the dm 920 of 3 db are without blocks. I

often read that a larger feedhorn does not matter much with regard to signal value, yet I am thinking of the well-known
cardboard film on ytube "making a cardboard feedhorn" that there is indeed more signal is then only
a larger dish that not everyone can or may place .. There are also larger primfocus feedhorns on the market
with 7 rings just a pity that there are no specs ..

Phoenixx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sat hobby
My Location
Netherlands
Ahh thanks RimaNTss, when i was brouwsing i poste the story in the wrong satelite forum, little mistake. I searching for a channel master feedhorn for the fibo signal test, i have several idea`s to improve mij ku signal to get Nile 101 sat. When the weather is good i also recieve mbc 11559..

Rimanss youre right, i found earlier in the picture a angle test and i confirm that is +- 90 @ ..

Attachments

• Fibo-Angle.jpg
    Fibo-Angle.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
(50 east to 45 west)

(53 east to 45 west)
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
I had a similar experience with a Andrews feed horn + Inverto Black Pro C120 about 7 years ago with my Gibertini 100cm ,
Having forgotten why I abandoned the project I ordered a Gibertini feed horn & was amazed how poor it was when compared to the Inverto Black Ultra,
As a bonus I did reset the dish & improved the tracking of the arc so I may have to source a C120 Inverto Black Ultra no luck so far :(

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
i poste the story in the wrong satelite forum
Do not worry, you can post in both forums Sat4all and this one.
Before you go very deep in your experiments with Fibo120 I would advice you to check the geometry of the main mirror. Those dishes are old. made from aluminum and their geometry might be changed.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sat hobby
My Location
Netherlands
Rimans thx for advise and i will check the dish, with these ibu i have quatar 10719 test 67 % signal on old ctech 5100 c and thats the strongest signal i ever had, much better than the jonsa 180 many years ago.

William are you shure that the feed is nod good ? because the inverto black pro single i have testing this afternoon also and the conversion gain is lower then the inverto black ultra single lnb 60 vs 72 db max. There also diffrence in signal from ibu lnb, i read it from this forum and do the test, buy several ibu, test it and when you lucky you have the magic one who give the best signal, thats why in the specs + - 4 db gain are written.
I have als the same story with the smw lnb`s 1 of them give the best signal, others work also but with less signal.. M:W

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Translation of the above, others can correct as time goes on as there is a Pinotage on the table requiring my utmost attention.

We had a Pinotage once, but I much prefer the Bichon Frise.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
(50 east to 45 west)

(53 east to 45 west)
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
I will endeavor to thoroughly do some comparison tests the C120 Gibertini set up with several other 40mm Lnb's.

My current favorite red wine is Vista Alegre Reserva Rioja 2012 :)

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
i will check the dish
And when you sure about the geometry of the mirror check whether the LNB's phase center is co-located with antenna's focal point. It is possible to do if you precisely measure the leaning of the face of the antenna and then compare to the angle calculated from satellite elevation and dish offset angle (sounds difficult but pretty easy to do).

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
We had a Pinotage once, but I much prefer the Bichon Frise.

Ah, but this one was forced upon me by a client. I have the promise of a full blooded Merlot next time I am strapped to their table (and a shiraz if I reply to posts during dinner).

Phoenixx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sat hobby
My Location
Netherlands
Venton twin is also a good lnb William

Attachments

• Venton Twin lnb.jpg
    Venton Twin lnb.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 34

Phoenixx