Anologue receiver

riophil

Reaction score
Hello, I don't know much about satellite. I want to buy a Anologue receiver to watch eurosport.I canceled sky digital after 1 week(recently) after I found out how much I would have to pay, the sky salesman told me a load of bull. When they came to pick up the equipment they left the dish, said they didn't need it and that they would only bin it if they took it.They told me that the dish would work with an anologue receiver.Could someone please confirm this and if so would this receiver do the trick, connexions cx95a ird.
Thanks
riophil

Swede

Reaction score
My Location
Cambridgeshire
Hi riophil,

Is this the 40cm Sky mini dish? It will work with an analogue receiver, but for Eurosport you'd have to aim it at Astra 19.2E so I think it would probably be too small.

For an analogue receiver, try ebay. You can pick them up really cheap there. Just saw a Philips on for "Buy now £2"...

Good luck! :)

riophil

Reaction score
Swede

I just measured it, at it's widest point it is 52cm, from top to bottom 42cm.Do you think this will work?
Thanks for the help.
riophil

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Depends where you are riophil, in the South of the UK you can pull in an OK signal from Astra 19.2 with a 50cm minidish.

riophil

Reaction score
Hello Rolfw

I'm in Rotherhithe, London about 2 miles from Tower Bridge.The dish is made by Thomson, the part number is 13553
Thanks
riophil

riophil

Reaction score
I think it is worth a gamble then if I can find a cheap receiver.
Thanks for your help Swede & Rolfw
riophil

G

guest user

I can get eurosport on analogue fine with a 43cm dish in leeds but with the odd sparkle every few minutes!

A

alexdn32

Hello there, I have a Pace PRD900 Analogue sat receiver , Pay the postage and you can have it for nowt. Im situated in Grimsby, Lincs.

riophil

Reaction score
Hello Alexdn32

Thanks for your offer, that was very kind of you but I got one today in a local tv shop, they showed it working but I haven't tried yet with my dish.
cheers
riophil

riophil

Reaction score
Hello
Can anyone help me I've connected up the dish to the receiver and tv.I've pointed the dish roughly 19 degrees east of south.The tv is tuned to the receiver but says no signal any ideas please?
riophil

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You cannot point the dish roughly, the dish direction must be exact in both elevation and azimuth. Get yourself a locn piece of coax and a protable TV, then you can see what is happening with the receiver while you move the dish.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well done riophil, but surprised you could understand my last post, must have had a severe case of sausage fingers, :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
riophil said:
Thanks rolfw

It's working :) .

riophil
Ahhh, nice to read such a happy ending, sausages or no sausages.

Gonna recommend that 'score a free dish from Sly' scam to a few mates now...

... and then sell them my Grundig GSR1 MKII for £2.00!