Another kwick Newbie question!

My Location
Yorkshire
Thanks in advance guys, but if i motorise my system, where does the motor get its power from?

This is prob such i silly quesion to ask, but like ive said b4, im a total novice to this, but learning every day.....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you get yourself a Digital receiver with DiseqC 1.2 or better (most modern ones), the receiver will drive a DiseqC motor for a dish up to 1.2 metres.

There are also separate positioners for 36v motors and actuators, but the DiseqC option is the easiest route.

R

robbins1940

You need a positioner to drive a polarmount and jack/H-H.

Or a receiver capable of outputting disque 1.2.

David

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, DiseqC 1.0 will only operate a switch for 4 satellites.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
A diseqC switch will switch between 4 different LNBs, whether they are on the same, or four different dishes.

My Location
Yorkshire
ok, so how do i get 4 LNB`s on my Dish? Its only 80cm wth one arm....!!! "Now im really confused" I think!

Whats the bst place to find a switch?

PCD

DB Magician
MasterAbacus said:
ok, so how do i get 4 LNB`s on my Dish? Its only 80cm wth one arm....!!! "Now im really confused" I think!

Whats the bst place to find a switch?
@master

You cannot have 4 lnbs on one normal dish. It is only realistic to have 2, say for hotbird and astra1 which are 6 degrees apart. A switch for 4 lnbs means on different dishes. There is a manual switch called AB switch which can be used for 2 lnbs to connect them to the receiver alternately. The diseqc switch is operated automatically by the receiver when different sats are selected.

PCD

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
There are several dishes which will take more than two LNbs, the Visiosat Bi-sat will take 3 (28.2, 19.2, 13.0} and the Torroidal will take up to eight with a forty degree or so spread.

PCD

DB Magician
rolfw said:
There are several dishes which will take more than two LNbs, the Visiosat Bi-sat will take 3 (28.2, 19.2, 13.0} and the Torroidal will take up to eight with a forty degree or so spread.
Thanks Rolfw. I was referring to MasterAbucuss 80m dish. I assume it is not one of the special ones you mentioned. PCD.