Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
There is another release of the D+ and Cabo file, for the K3 card, with updated keys for Cabo.
The file briefly worked but doesn't appear to be any longer using Dragon cam, Cabo appear to be changing their keys regularly, are they in competition with TPS, for most changes in a day :)

salspar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Novice
Mickha said:
There is another release of the D+ and Cabo file, for the K3 card, with updated keys for Cabo.
The file briefly worked but doesn't appear to be any longer using Dragon cam, Cabo appear to be changing their keys regularly, are they in competition with TPS, for most changes in a day :)

This might sound like a daft question but previously i have only ever use a dragon cam, loaded with the latest update, to view, but recently theres a mention of K3 cards, do iI need to buy this card as weel as keeping the dragon cam to view?

Thanks in advance

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi salspar,
when packages are open the Dragon team will provide files to open the packages, unfortunately there are very few packages that are widely open, TPS being the exception.
You will however find other teams producing pirate cards, for hacks they've managed to open, they store these in secure files so that they may sell their product, the K3 card is one of these.
There is no guarantee with these cards, and support could stop very quickly, if the satellite providers fight back and nullify the cards. Like most things in this hobby it is a gamble and hopefully you get a few months viewing.
The K3 at present provides a choice of viewing, D+ and Cabo (Cabo infrequently), Canal + France and TPS (excluding Multivisions) , C+ NL, or Cyfra +.
Depending upon your receiver you will still require the Dragon Cam to view these channels, especially D+.
If you want the extra choice you either have to subscribe or take a gamble on these cards.
I hope this helps.
best wishes
Mickha
There are rumours that the Dragon might soon be capable of opening D+ without a card.

peppey

Reaction score
what is the hologram on the k3,support after October is only for original with hologram.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
This is as yet an unconfirmed rumour, many cards have been sold, most through reputable dealers, without holograms, and if support ceases, for these cards, on October 1st there will be major ramifications.
We'll just have to wait and see, but seeing as it now appears that the hack is widespread, expect the satellite providers to fight back fairly quickly.

peppey

Reaction score
yes,but to get one with a hologram, i need to know how it looks.