Another Newbie Cam Question!

Brixtonian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
And please refrain from telling me where to shove them thanks all the same... :)

I currently have an Echostar 3000IPV (If I had known about the Hummy I'd be there now!) along with an AstonCrypt 1.05 Cam and an Irdeto something or another....(details below)

901275 - Irdeto CAM
- Irdeto v01.05
- softcell ver. 2.09(CI); compiled 22/Sep/2000 17:
- blue label warning: any and all modifications prohibited and prosecutable

901274 - Aston Cam
- AstonCrypt 1.05

I notice both cards are manufactured in Singapore and both have the same DVB number. I also spotted the compiled date is the same as the previous (flashable once) CAM. So what do you think I have and more importantly how/what can I flash them too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brix

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
See this thread a little lower down the Cards and programmer topics, http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID14/210.html this should give you the information you require.

Rolf

Brixtonian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
I had already looked at that thread for what felt like several hours last night.

The ID number of the card is 901275 which would indicate a non-flashable cam without opening up, however the software on the card indicates It's from the previous version 901205, (Which can be flashed once!)

What I'm getting at is what can I do as my cam is not on the thread you pointed me to.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, I see what you mean, I didn't notice the details. It would certainly appear that it may be the once only flashable version, but it may simply be a new version but with the old software. 2old may be able to add something, but it is not my field unfortunately.

rolf

Brixtonian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks anyhoo's.

I personally expect the software on the card to be correct over a label stuck on the cam, but I'm not keen to screw it up. Having looked at into this over the last couple of days I've noticed Ird106 seems to be the flashing tool of choice.

Can I use this to determine the exact firmware in my cam and therefore how/if I can flash it with my PC?

2old4this I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers,

Brix

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
ird106 will not read info from the CAM. Only write to it. So you can not use it to identify the CAM.

I suspect here that someone has simply flashed a new version of the original Irdeto firmware into the CAM.

An interesting nuance on the "one-time flashable" point is this: if you only load original firmware, you can flash as often as you want even on a 105. But when you load some other firmware, such as Alphacrypt, you then "lock" it so it will not be externally flashable after that. I think only the original firmware versions have an incorporated loader, which maintains the capability of external flashing.

2old

Brixtonian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks for the update 2old. I installed ird106 s/w and realised I couldn't read the cam earlier today Once I dusted off my old laptop.

I have a few things I need to clear up before I go ahead with the flash so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am only really interested in Beta and Nagra as I have embedded Viaccess and a seperate AstonCam. With this in mind, should I install Freecam 105 or 107?

Do I need to program the freecam bin file before I flash the cam even though I want to continue using gold/silver or whatever colour card is required?

Cheers,

Brix

Brixtonian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Spent most of the night reading and reading and thought f**k it, lets try. I've gone for the Alphacrypt upload and so far a few channels I couln't see have appeared :)

I will try another eurocam style flash and let you know if it works once I've had some kip.

Cheers,

Brix

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Alphacrypt (by a German company called Mascom) is essentially an "AllCAM" firmware - meaning it gives access to the "Betacrypt" channels as well as the Irdeto ones (Betacrypt is a variant of Irdeto). So the extra channels you refer to are no doubt the Betacrypt channels from Premiere-World and/or the Austrian provider ATV.
But note that if your CAM is indeed a "105" type you will not now be able to reflash it having once replaced the firmware with non-softcell/Irdeto firmware. That was the point I was making in my previous post.

2old