Another problem with magic eye

soleserenity

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard sky installation
My Location
Wales
Sorry about this guys, I have read the other posts on the tvlink - magic eye. My problem is that my tvlink doesnt work, the LED light doesnt even come on. I have a perfect picture on my upstairs telly and I have been using a tvlink with no problem for over a year, so when it stopped working I purchased another, this worked fine for a few months then stopped again, so I had it replaced, but it didnt work. I have now purchased another new one thinking I would give it one more go but nothing. I can still receive the satallite picture on the telly via the tvlink but the LED light will not come on and I cannot use the remote with it. I have tried all the solutions from this forum and the sky website (switching on and off, ensuring it is connected to corrrect rf outlet, ensuring the rf outlet is on etc), but I have run out of solutions and ideas so I'm hoping that some one out there may please be able to advise me. :-worship

Cath

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Cath

Unfortunately you have more experience than me as I have never had a magic eye, therefore regret I have no suggestions to make to assist you, perhaps others will be able to assist you in the morning.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The best way to test things is to start by connecting your TV link to RF2 using a short cable, if it works here, then check out all connections from there to your remote TV, including the wall plates if fitted.

I had a customer recently who's link had stopped working and all he had changed was to add a proper wall plate in the bedroom to tidy up the installation. Unfortunately he'd added an isolated wall plate, the function of which is to isolate the TV from any stray voltages, thus blocking the 9v required by the TV link.

I have on a couple of occasions found the RF2 voltage to be missing on older digiboxes, but this is rare. Also some people upgrade to a newer digibox, but do not realise that the RF2 output needs to be switched on in the installers menu for the TV link to work.

soleserenity

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wales
Thank you for that, I have checked using a short lead but still no sign of life from the magic eye. Does any one know if this means then that my digibox is at fault (it is about 3 or 4 years old now), I havent changed any of the plug sockets etc from when I had it working before, so wouldnt have thought that was the problem.

Cath

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Do you have access to a volt meter?, If you do, then check to see if the RF2 output is putting out 9v.

soleserenity

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wales
No but I will ask around and see if my dad maybe has one - i'll get back to you - thank you for that. :)

Cath