Another question about Gemini

learning

Reaction score
My Location
central southern england
Thomaz thanks for your input and i know what you mean I just like to have a basic understanding of what is happening. However and I promise you I have pressed buttons all over the remote, my keyboard, and with different programmes until my heads was spinning and that is why i wrote to the thread.Anyhow without really concentrating I was just messing with the gem manager again not really knowing what i was doing nothing new happened so out of interest i thought i would see what the movie bouquet was about it told me to reboot which i did then out of nowhere the emu started to work I just cant believeit I have messed about with the cam manager on and off for days with nothing now it is all working no eureka feeling cos I dont know how i have done this Turned it off and yes it still works going to blue panel now see if there is anything new I will be in touch when i do a factory reset and try again but not for a week or so
cheers m8

thomaz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500 1meter dish motor advent 7017 laptop
My Location
s.o.t
nice one m8 glad you have got something go now it going if you have a motor dish try for 30 w lots of goods here to watch you will have to use camd to veiw here once you know what your doing m8 its a pice of cake from get dreambox out of its box up and running in about 15mins take some time to watch the box and have a rest

learning

Reaction score
My Location
central southern england
Hi mate and thanx for the help you have given me via Storms thread
That was going to be my next try ie to get a tar from somewhere and load through gem manager off my pc. It is really wierd what has happened tonight I was even doubting whether my ftp was actually loading when i went into addons and scrolled through the various /dirs i was not seeing anything like keys or files that i had ftp'd across. Well it has been frustrating but i have got there by default somehow, and I have learned some knew things along the way It just feels a bit of an anticlimax cos unlike when loading me dragon and cards you know what to do and the most likely outcome. Anyway thanx again mate im off for a lie down and get me mental strength back LOL As I said to Thomaz i will be back with more questions about other things but I want to master this little bugger before going on to a big boys toy
cheers thanx again

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
@ thomaz

I agree m8 that downloading an emu directly through the blue panel is the simplest thing to do. But when a new emu version comes out it is not always available in a tar.bz2 or tar.gz form for some time. For the impatient people (like me) therefore it is necessary to know how to upload by other methods. Also for some images the homesites are not always available or they do not supply emus.

@ learning

Keep Dreaming m8 :)

Regards, pcd.