Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mondeal 7500 + Dragon cam. 1M moveable dish
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Sorry to be a pain tonight.

I have downloaded the Gemini Project for the 500, but when I try to FTP Newcamd keys directory I cannot find /var/tuxbox/scce. I have the choice of: var\scce or var\scce\scce

Can any one help please.

Thanks

Tim.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
For newcamd keys replace var/scce with the latest scce (should contain keylist, ppua, rskeylist, tpscrypt). Regards.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Hi

Thanks a lot, that answers that one. now I can hopefully get an image to work.

Cheer

Tim.

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Hi I loaded Gemini and now have Gemini Project on tv screen when starting up. I went on to tv mode and pressed the blue button to set up cams. The common interface was the default cam but there is still no hint of any other cam. I thought that the cams were loaded when I loaded Gemini. Can you please tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Tim.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Look in here :-

h**p://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=49024

Regards, pcd.

thomaz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500 1meter dish motor advent 7017 laptop
My Location
s.o.t
you have to down load cams with your remote contal go in to menu button and then press 6 this should take you to the setup page press setup then downloads then cams here you will find all the cams donot download two many over wise you will need to reflash youbox BEFOREyoudownload cams go to contal panal and up date this it is in the same area of setup i hope this helps a little atfer you have down loaded the cams exit out and then press your blue button and you should see cams shcoll left or right REMBER IF YOU DOWNLOAD TO MUCH YOU WILL HAVE TO REFLASH YOUR BOX BECAUSE THE VAR GETS RAMED UP

thomaz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
s.o.t
Sorry M8 Above Wrong Press Green Button/new Contal Pael/ok/ok/...this Will Down Load Yoiur New Contal Panel Exit......... Downloads/ok/softcams/ok/newcamd 6.3/ok ....this Will Download Your Softcam And Pack It Away For You Wait Until It Says Update Then Exit
Scholl To Keys And Do The Same Herewait Utill It Says Updated Then Exit Out Until You Are Back To Gem Then Press Blue Button Left Or Right To See Cams Sorry About The Capps M8 I For Got To Turn Them Off

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon

thomaz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
s.o.t
have you got your cams yet m8

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
No not yet i can't find the .ppc emu file.

Tim

DHeart

Speed Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 5620, Dreambox 500Si, with universal 3 LNB's and 2X 80cm dish.
My Location
Portugal
If you have a compressed file, with .tar.bz2 extension, copy it to \tmp.
Next use addon\manual install option, in the bluepanel.
It install by itself. Restart the cam, and that's all.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Storm55 said:
No not yet i can't find the .ppc emu file.

Tim

If you are talking about Newcamd 6.03, it is in the dreamboxworld download folder newcamd\newcamd. One emu newcamd.i386 and one newcamd.ppc. Regards.

thomaz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
s.o.t
what set up have u got from dream box to pc. i.e router hub crossover?

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
Hi I have a NM Cable to load image, Cross over cable to load keys etc. no router yet.

Can i ftp zipped files? and can I ftp folders?. At the moment I loaded official image then backed up. then loaded Gemini 103 as I believe this is the last Gemini file that loads cams? . I have ftp's keys, and var files, ftp Newcamd files and Gemini add on, but always get the problem that db will not lock on to sat, once I have loaded files. I think I must be replacing old files badly. I seem to lose satellite.xml file.

Thanks for the above I will try that. firstly I think I need to do a factory reset as I am putting to many files in m/c.

Thanks for your time and assistance, it is very much appreciated. I will get there in the end surely.

Regards

Tim

thomaz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
s.o.t
if you are having problems with the gem image try a hydra image this what we use i think it is easyer to get round you can download al cams and keys and it will atoumactic put them away for you gem will also do this but i think hydra is the best m8 you wilnot have to manualy install any thing just a few buttons on your remote contal in the right order and the dreambox conneted to the net does all the hard work for you if you want i will help you get up and running i will be on line at 19.00 hours 14 .10 2005 and walk you though have a hydre image flash to your box ok you know have to flash now................null modon cable connet to dreambox with power off ...............open up dreamup press connet..............power your box up and then press flash..............down load yourself a hydra image first off though see you later m8 if you have read this

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
How much space is left in \var?

I think Gemini 2.2 is the latest version. Satellite.xml will disappear if you run autosat but only select a few satellites. How do you mean "won't lock"- it can't find it when you select a channel from a satellite that you "tuned" in and still shows in your list of satellites?

learning

Reaction score
My Location
central southern england
HI guys i have been following this thread with a vested interest because i too am struggling with my dbox 500s. I am beginning to think the emus just wont work on some of these boxes im sure they work on the 7 series but following the instructions the readmes and the input from you guys that know your way around the box, has got me no where. Mine has the new alps tuner and in the month since i bought it I have learned to lan my pc learned to ftp and a little bit of telnet I have loaded the new dreamup loader and the image, put the gemini 2.i over it then tried to load camd3 on it no luck reflashed to dream original then flahed gem 2.2o to it always get them working fine I tried the newcamd 6. whatever, it allegedly works with the 500s but in short i have done all that you guys have advised storm to do and still i get nada f... all zilch no sign of another cam on the blue panel nothing, took a day off to paint yesterday spent most of it flashing and reflashing (sounds rude doesent it ) this box. She that has to be obeyed was not happy. Im waitng for the all important eureka feeling that comes with overcoming problems but this looks very iffy at the moment. Love the box tho little smasher just got to keep going I guess. I dont want to download straight to the box and let it do it all for me but there are only a couple of places the files need to go in so what can be the problem Oh yes and i am changing the attributes.

thomaz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
s.o.t
hi m8 just read your post quote i dont want to download and let the box do it all for me you have brought a linux reciver this is why the ethernet socket is on this reciver and not on many others recivers means long gone are the days you have to do it all yourself move on with the times m8 these boxs are designed to make life esay for you the way you are trying to load the box is the old way but you could still be trying next month and not watching load hydra image /then on your remote contal you should beable to download cams and they pack them self away also keys pack them self away once this is dun you can have a look to in ftp and see were thy al are

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
@ Learning

If you can ftp try this :-

(1) Go to the I-have-a-dreambox site > Database >'The Gemini Project Emu/Keys ....'. > Emus. Scroll down to 'Newcamd Version 6.03' and download. You will get the winrar file '0373_newcamd_6-1.03_051001.tar'.

(2) Ftp the winrar file (do not, repeat do not unrar it) to /tmp. Rename it as addon.tar.bz2 (not Addon.tar.bz2).

(3) At dreambox, blue panel - addon (for gemini 2.10) - manual install -ok.

(4) Download the latest Dreambox Keys from fookfiles. Ftp folder keys to replace any old var/keys and folder scce to var/scce.

(5) Reboot and enjoy. :)

Regards, pcd.