Another Viaccess problem with Echostar

AHE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3001 Viaccess
My Location
UK
I have a Echostar 3000 with Viaccess embedded (some 3-4 years old). Just bought a blue ART (Arabesque) card to watch English football with a 09.2005 date on it. Receiver recognises the card on insertion and in its Conditional Access area displays the card number, ART etc. It also says Viaccess 1.1 (I thought they were up to 2.5 or 2.6). There is a signal present on the ART1 to 4 channels. But no picture or sound. Is there some part of the initialization process I have omitted? Any ideas please.

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
hi,

i have just noticed your post. I also have an echo 3000 which is about 4 years old, i bought a blue coloured art card and recieved it on the 28th feb and also i bought a viacess cam, when i put the cam and card in it did'nt take long to come on and so far its working ok for the four channels.

regards john

cableman

Reaction score
AHE said:
I have a Echostar 3000 with Viaccess embedded (some 3-4 years old). Just bought a blue ART (Arabesque) card to watch English football with a 09.2005 date on it. Receiver recognises the card on insertion and in its Conditional Access area displays the card number, ART etc. It also says Viaccess 1.1 (I thought they were up to 2.5 or 2.6). There is a signal present on the ART1 to 4 channels. But no picture or sound. Is there some part of the initialization process I have omitted? Any ideas please.
Perhaps you need a aoftware upgrade, either over-the-air, if possible, or through pc and serial null modem lead. Would it be worth contacting Echostar Support for their advice? I understand that version 800 receiver soft was to fix 2.4 cards, and as you say you need a 2.5 or 2.6 compatible soft, may be version 900 or 1000. But I'm just guessing.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
OTA no longer possible for the 3000's - it was discontinued a year or so back.