Any digital receivers experts in the house????

joshuatronic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hello everyone. happy new year. ive got a question here for somebody who knows about digital receivers. i guess it would concern all digital receivers since they work in a similar way. the receiver has two scarts, from video scart image comes good and clear while from the TV scart the image comes distorted and very very milky(as if britness is extremely high), sometimes getting black and white, sometimes giving weird colours, but always distorted. the receiver wears STi5518MVB-X. ive came across this very damage in other recivers too, but never managed to fix it. does someone know, what is happening? why from one scart image is good and from other is distorted and milky?thanx

bassamb

Reaction score
Hi there,

I think that the reception (signal ) is weak hence it's clear with the video scart & unclear while using the latter.
this is happening to me hence I need to reset the dish first before I change the cable ..

joshuatronic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hi, the reception signal has nothing to do with it. another, the very same digital receiver, the same model has no problem giving proper image from both scarts and RCA. its something on the mainboard, i was wondering if someone could help me, someone who knows about how function composite video signals in digital receiver. thanx

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Have you check the SCART leads - not all are the same and not all pins may be connected (just a chance).

You can usually only get RGB from the scart labeled "TV". As there is no "S video" output from most STB's a RGB2S video convertor is the best way of recording the signal.

boxnut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
turnkey 700mhz athelon .5gb ram,120 gb,drive
j-test j-tag setup
try a 75 ohm termination,tv out usually requires this. check the input
to your monitor and see if it has a termination setting
just a guess 'boxnut'

rockchang

Reaction score
Website
dvb.nease.net