Any Dish Fitters North Manchester (Buryish)

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
A friend has recently bought a nice little system (*sat6910, embedded VIA) for watching ART sport on. He asked me if I could get someone to fit the dish for him. I got a local guy from our local paper, told him I wanted an 80cm dish pointing at 13E and left him to it. So far so good.
When I looked at the job (later) it transpires that the dish is a 60-65cm oval type thing and not what was originally asked for. I'd accept this if it worked, but from day one it's been a problem I could get TPS & Multi with it, but once going up to the wide band (12000+) it's just giving a *no signal*. This is now happening on all channels since the recent bad weather. The receiver is brand new, so all I can put it down to is the dish (or possibly LNB?). I cannot get hold of the original fitter (won't answer phone or respond to messages) so I'm just wondering if anyone in this area is available to check this out.
I don't do ladders as I'm scared of the ground, and my friend is 18 stone so he won't either.

Brownhill

Reaction score
You really need min 80cm dish for Hotbird ! With only 60cm and bad weather
you will get 'no signal' from the weaker transponders. Suggest change dish.
I live in South Manchester - if you have ladders i could fix it for you.

daveenty

Irregular Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
Thanks very much for the offer. (may take you up on it yet)
Think I'll try and get hold of a dish 1st. What's annoying is, that I've just given an 80cm one away with a receiver I sold <doh>