Any Help for getting round a Dish setup ?

rs_andy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 M Motorised Dish, Technomate DAPCI Reciever, Dynamite USB & Serial Programmer
Hello all, its me again, sorry have another question, the problem is that i want to put up a dish for my nan to recieve the greek Hellas satellite.

The reason being is that she pays 25 Pound for the basic channels and another 6 pounds for the Greek channel on cable. To me i think that is rediculous and not fair, she is an pensioner and to me seems way too much for her. (Problem being she only speaks greek)

But i have a few problems and constraints. Problem 1 is that she lives in a flat and ive been told dishes are not allowed, but i cant seem to understand this because there are dishes up already.

I wanted to know if there is any other way i am able to recieve the sat signals so i could buy her a reciever and cut her cable.

hellohellopal

MindEater
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SilverCrest SL65
Motorised Dish 80 cm
with single LNB
My Location
Stoke-On-Trent
rs_andy said:
Problem 1 is that she lives in a flat and ive been told dishes are not allowed, but i cant seem to understand this because there are dishes up already.

I wanted to know if there is any other way i am able to recieve the sat signals so i could buy her a reciever and cut her cable.

READ THE RED ONE
Copied from http://www.odpm.gov.uk/pub/586/AHouseholdersPlanningGuidefortheInstallationofAntennasincludingSatelliteDishesPb_id1144586.pdf

Houses and buildings up to 15 metres high in designated areas
If your house (or the building in which you live) is in a designated
area, you do notneed to apply for planning permission to install
an antenna on your property, as long as:

• there will be no more than two antennas on the property
overall;

• if you are installing a single antenna, it is not be more than 100
centimetres in any linear dimension (not including any
projecting feed element, reinforcing rim, mounting and
brackets);

• if you are installing two antennas, one is not more than 100
centimetres in any linear dimension, and the other is not more
than 60 centimetres in any linear dimension (not including any
projecting feed element, reinforcing rim, mounting and
brackets);

• the cubic capacity of each individual antenna is not more than
35 litres;

If you live in a flat, these limits refer to the building as a whole
and not to each separate flat.
If the number of dishes or antennas installed on the building has
already reached the maximum allowed, you will need planning
permission for further installations.
In this case, you may want to discuss with other residents the
possibility of a shared system.
You are responsible for applying for planning permission. If
necessary, you must get planning permission before you install
an antenna.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The revised planning guideline information is already in a sticky at the top of this section :)

The rules for flats are slightly different and many people seem to totally disregard them, it seems to have more to do with what the management company dictates, rather than what the council planners say, unless they are called in after a complaint.

I guess that you could consider a through the window dish, but it would need to be an 80cm, you could of course just put one up, but you run the risk of being told to take it down.

edd173

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed dish on 19.2e for free to air only.
My Location
Up a ladder
Not an answer to your question as such, but is there a balcony facing in the required direction? If so you could floor mount the dish and its a lot less hassle to remove if neccesary

rs_andy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 M Motorised Dish, Technomate DAPCI Reciever, Dynamite USB & Serial Programmer
Hi all, thats for all the replies and answers. Really appreciate that, The problem is that the sat is towards the front of the Flat, The front door is where the dish would need to be mounted if im making sence :confused (not literally front door but its not to the back of the flat) So it would be in the way of people walking back to their flats. Also mounting the dish inside wont be possible cos the front facing room is where my nan sleeps.

I think this a situation where cable can make their money due to the problems with mounting a dish.

I was worth asking because i though there was a new way of recieving satellite signals.

Thanks you all

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
There's a couple of Greek channels on Hotbird @ 13e too. But probably not the best selection (one's a parliamentry channel IIRC!)

rs_andy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hello Skip channel, is there any possibility of telling me where i am able to find trhe latest transponders and Frequencies for Say hotbird and Hellas.

Thank you for any help :)

rossy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox f3 spiderbox died hd9000 technomate 1500ci+, skystar2,1.1m dish .3db bluline lnb,Sky,
Span 58W to 42e with trees bare! 42e gone and now 39e
My Location
southern england, Berkshire
rs_andy said:
Hello Skip channel, is there any possibility of telling me where i am able to find trhe latest transponders and Frequencies for Say hotbird and Hellas.

Thank you for any help :)

have a look at lyngsat website

rs_andy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ahhhh thank you for that Rossy, may i ask another question, i dont understand but it dont say the transponder number and the FEC ?

Am i reading it wrong ?

Also may i ask there seems to be quite a few more greek channels which are encrypted, am i able to decrypt these and view these greek channels ?

Thanks again :)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
those that are encrypted will be the nova channels and you will need a sub to that