any hope for ma useless Irdeto CAM yet

sat_freak

Reaction score
Folks, i hav this Irdeto CAM P/N 901275....

It is currently bein used with a g/wafer to watch Dutch Canal Digitaal package @ 19.2E.

Not surprisingly, i'd wana watch a lot more than that... Is there any new developments regarding this....Can this CAM be changed inot something more useful...

If it involves simple flashing using a laptop, im up for it....but if it requires to open up the CAM and replace/reprogram surface mount chips, then its out of my league.

Are there any ppl interested in buying/swapping this item??? Or wud do the upgrade/modification for a fee? Wana hear from such nice ppl ... lol

mail me: 06052401@tiscali.co.uk

thanx

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure that it can be turned into anything particularly useful, certainly not by using a laptop, as the flash requires removing the chip. You may be able to have it changed to Seca or Viaccess, but that wouldn't give you more than you already have.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What does the screen say when you interrogate it in the receiver ?

If its one of the later designs with Mindport written somewhere on it then theres little that it can do (but then they said that digital signals couldnt be hacked a few years back) :)

sat_freak

Reaction score
When queried thru the receiver menu it says somehting like this:

Irdeto Common Interface Ver: 01.05 Softcell: Ver 2.09(CI) - Demux (SW CA).
Compiled Sep 22 2000

The softcell version 2.09??? - Does it indicate that it already has the FreeCAM 2.09 firmware loaded on it??? I bought this CAM as second user, who knows what the previous owner have been doin with this!!!

If it could be converted to Viaccess, wouldnt it improve things a lil bit? like TPS & Canal Satellite France packages....

Thanx for all the replies...Cheers!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well the details are those of the 901205, but it is still a Eurocam and is not easily converted. These CAMs will act like a Freecam 2.018 when used in an Echostar with the Echonav software, so it can still be useful. It would probably cost you £30 or so to have it converted to Viaccess.

moskol

Reaction score
pls can someone kindly tell me how to program irdeto2 key for watchin dstv on fta mediacom mft910i and mediastar m8800plus thnx to all concerned in advance.

PWH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Loads of stuff
SW for converting CAMs can be found at the bottom of the Message board page here h**p://www.sat-key.org/.

At YOUR risk.

new-here

Reaction score
Website
members.aol.com
My Satellite Setup
irdeto CAM P/N 901275
My Location
Germany
I have an Irdeto II P/N 901275.
I sent it away about 12 months ago for a 2.020 patch update but had not used it since.
I wanted to sell it recently but discovered that it loaded with the standard Ver: 1.06 Softcell: Ver. 2.09.

I have my dish pointed to Astra 19.2E

What can I do with the Irdeto II CAM?
Are there any programs I can view with it still today?
Does it make sense to have it converted to Viaaccess?
Is there still a market for these old cards?

Thanks,

Kevin