any lnb experts out there pls?

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi all.i have a little problem here.I have changed my lnb from a cambridge 0.8 db type lnb to a symtec 2000 twin feed lnb.The results on digital is very good,but on analogue its a rubbish,as i listen to music the sound quality is very poor.seems as if its too deep and too loud,i cant bring the output down on the nokia but seems to me the qualitys not as good as the cambridge.ive tried even turning the dish off slightly and adjusting in and out on the lnb bracket.does anyone out there listen to sat radio and could anyone tell me what lnb should i really go for especially analogue systems pls ...with thanks rhurbarb.....im using a 90cm dish in the uk listening to einslive 19e

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'd be very surprised if the LNB would affect the sound quality, unless of course it needs slight frequency offsetting, try fine tuning up and down on the analogue channels.

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
ok will do that and try m8 .the shop said the same about the lnb shouldnt effect the quality noise ,but my other lnbs ideal on the same frequency ..but im going to try that now m8 .keep you posted

d122k7trb

Judas Priest
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IClass Receiver
2 Premium X LNBs Hotbird+ Nilesat
120" Dish

Computer system:
AMD Phenom Quad quad core 9750
4GB DDR2 Bus 800 RAM
MB: Asus Crosshair
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 32 MB cache
22" LCD Widescreen Samsung 226BW
SB X-Fi Xtreme
My Location
Armenia, ME: The Arab Countries
The LNB has nothing to do with the Quality os Service. The problem you've now is:

1) Your receiver is too old

2) It is not well mounted.

3) There are (is) noise in the cables from your dish to the receiver.

If you have the possibility to change the receiver and try it with your favorite music channel again.

Regards.

Arbie.

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Moved the dish it slightly lowers the volume but dont improve on sound...thanks for the reply guys .to the last person who replied im using the same cable ,lnb mounted properly .i think the lnb is not matched to the old analogue system then i guess seems so strange its perfect on the cambridge lnb . i know you guys know what your on about ,just seems odd i lloked at the spec on the syntec and it said it improves the analogue strenth to 120 percent .what does the 20 percent over 100 do .what i mean is 20 percent over is overmodulating the signal.the only other way is to put up another 90 mm dish on my old lnb but i got 2 dishes up already and its starting to look like a satelite shop here:)

rhurbarb

Reaction score
My Location
uk
d122 i will try and put it on another system also m8 thanks