Any one running dump 1090 willing to try an experiment?

RustySpoons

Sleepy Hollow
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
50E - 30W
2x CM 1.2m Polar Mount/Jack
65E- 65W
Gibertini 1m OP100 - STAB HH100 - Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 Twin
Mutant HD51
Edision Primo IP S2
Dreambox DM800HD
Venton Unibox HD2
Sony Bravia 55" 4K
My Location
South Wales
Hi RustySpoon
Yes I think you would be welcome, I for one would like to trade settings with you.
No problem at all.

Currently I have running on a Pi3 Dump 1090 Mutability, FlightRadar24, can I share from the Pi or do I need to leave a PC on running Virtual Radar?

Gerry55

Reaction score
Hi
I have one Pi running Dump 1090 Mutability and feeding to FlightRadar24 and others.

And an other one just running VRS.

Analoguesat is the man to ask he helped me!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Just had a look at @Gerry55 splat. First time in several weeks thanks to some horrible networking problems at work the last few weeks that has taken up hours of time with our IT guys to sort.

Anyway thats enough of work problems - bloody hell thats some impressive range! That is soooo not fair! :-rofl2

Kudos bud :D

Capture.JPG

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I have found some more extension poles for the 1090 antenna so I shall be relocating it to a better place and putting all the extension poles on. (And hoping it doesnt fold up in the winter gales!)

ATM its on the Sky dish mount & is shaking it too much in strong winds.... So I shall move it a few feet onto its own mount)

RustySpoons

Sleepy Hollow
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
50E - 30W
2x CM 1.2m Polar Mount/Jack
65E- 65W
Gibertini 1m OP100 - STAB HH100 - Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 Twin
Mutant HD51
Edision Primo IP S2
Dreambox DM800HD
Venton Unibox HD2
Sony Bravia 55" 4K
My Location
South Wales
Sadly I'm only getting 130nm here, I'm only about 8m above sea level and the aerial is 5m above that, also in the middle of woodland.
This is the activity I'm getting at 23:28 here tonight.
1539988091713.png

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
My input to the merged feed will be missing for a while.I have restored the W10 image to update it.It is on version 1704.Looking at the update list it could take sometime.I will be reverting to W 7 and VRS when done.

Last edited:

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
Job done, a lot quicker than expected.
Normal service is resumed.

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
Something that I have noticed. sometimes the flight info is wrong.It says that this aircraft is from Gatwick to Berlin.It is going the wrong way, altitude going down it is obviously landing at Manchester
p2.jpg

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
Something is wrong here.:) Another one.Methinks that it is past my bed time.:)
p4.jpg

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
I have not done a splat for a long time.I have just set one off .I will leave it running for a while.I am surprised that I remembered how to do it.:)
capture.jpg

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
I have been fiddling with the Altitude colours and Fill and Stroke opacity.The splat is looking better now.The colours could do with enhancing a bit more though.They are not as vivid as Analogusats.Still working on it.Bottom clip latest settings
splat3.jpgopt2.jpg

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
This is different there do not appear to be airfields at the points.Perhaps they are dropping stuff by parachute.:)
p8.jpg

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Topped 100 tracking today, well above my recent efforts.

I swopped the existing no-name airspaced coax downlead for foam insulated WF100. I think the former may have had some slight water ingress.

I shall try splatting the map with some pretty colours next, if I can remember how to.

No flag idents for the light aircraft, is that normal?

VRS 290319.JPG

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
^^

I was going to post about that wasnt I. Apologies - works been really busy & the missus hasnt been very well. On holiday now so will get around to it in the next couple of days

No flag idents for the light aircraft, is that normal?

Yes thats correct - no airline flags for private aircraft as they dont transmit any airline ICAO code. (eg Easyjet is EZY).I find theres quite a lot of flags missing as well so Ive made my own up. If anyone wants them Ive attached the bmp files Ive made up - just extract them to your flags file

Attachments

• icao.zip
    282.1 KB · Views: 4

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
^^

I was going to post about that wasnt I. Apologies - works been really busy & the missus hasnt been very well. On holiday now so will get around to it in the next couple of days

Yes thats correct - no airline flags for private aircraft as they dont transmit any airline ICAO code. (eg Easyjet is EZY).I find theres quite a lot of flags missing as well so Ive made my own up. If anyone wants them Ive attached the bmp files Ive made up - just extract them to your flags file
Yes, I thought that was the case. I just noticed it more when I had a batch of the planes come up at once. I think there were a lot of trainers flying locally from the aerodrome nearby.

Thanks for the bmps, should be useful 'filler ins'.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If anyone wants to make their own flags up its very easy using your favourite image manipulation programme.

Identify what the operator is and what their ICAO code is
Find the operator website, or go to the wiki page of the operator.
Screengrab the logo area of the image - I simply use the windows snipping tool <<-- very useful tool indeed & wll worth getting used to
open the screengrab in your image manipulation programme
resize the logo screengrab to 85x20 pixels
save it as a BMP with the operator ICAO code on it - so an Easyjet logo would be would be saved as EZY.BMP
Move it to your flags folder.

Next time an aircraft carrying that logo pops up it will show your flag :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You can tell which ones will work with new flags - hover your mouse pointer over one of the blank spaces and see if you get something like this CSN:China Southern Airlines. That one will work so its worth doing the process. If you get something like Thomas Cook Airlines Balearics then that one wont as there no ICAO code. You always need that 3 letter code at the beginning.

pontiend

Contibruter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
south yorkshire
I have been fiddling with the splat colours again.It is a bit awkward getting a nice set of colours.Whatever set of colours I set in options alters depending on the order that the altitudes are ticked in Receiver ranges.I find that ticking them from the highest altitude down works for me.I quite like this set.Range rings are 30 Miles.
The next time that I get bored I will have a look at what the fill and stroke Opacity does:).Not many planes at this time of the morning.:)
splat4.jpgspalt 6.jpg

Last edited:

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
This geezer's getting on my nerves. CS-DLC has been circling (oblonging?) directly above me for what seems like hours. I'm below it just south of Petersfield on the map, and the plane keeps landing at and and taking off from Marshall's airport,Teversham (1 mile from me) :angry:

When it lands, the map trails disappear, then they're all up again as soon as it reaches a few hundred feet to resume its circling.

CS-DLC.JPG

Last edited: