Any point of getting a Diablo Cam on Dreambox?

bugsland

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7025s
Motorised Dish
My Location
UK
Hi there,

I just would like to know if there is any point to buy a Diablo Light Cam for a Dreambox 7025? Can't you get all the same channels working with softcam?

Also, do you need to manually update the keys every day on a diablo cam?
If so, doing it through CAS must be longer than uploading the keys via FTP for a softcam?

Not sure what is the point of getting a Diablo :)
Cheers,
Bugs.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
The Diablo is opening Premiere, at the moment, which the Dreambox isn't but who knows how long that will last.

bugsland

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7025s
Motorised Dish
My Location
UK
Tanks Mickha,

I was able to get premiere without any hardware CAM until last week with the dreambox.

Are you saying the Diablo gets faster update for decrypting channels?
Would you still recommend a diablo for a dreambox?
What about the autoupdate of the keys? is that possible with the diablo?

Cheers,
B.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Since Premiere added the MECM encryption only the T-Rex 4.6, the Diablo Cam and the Anaconda card managed to continue decrypting the channels.
This was probably because they were the only ones opening Premiere before it became public, now it is also open on certain receivers, but not on public emulation.
The Diablo Cam also has AU on TPS, which I think requires a daily update on the Dreambox, but you know more than me on that point.
At the moment the Diablo light seems a good buy, for what it is offering, but you do need a Cas 2 or Cas 3 to programme the light version.
There is also a wireless pack, 2 cams with a base unit, that allows more options, but obviously this is more expensive, and you should be able to already do more than the cam can with a Dreambox.
The only channels that seem to require key updates, on the Diablo Cam, are D+ and Cabo, but Cabo are changing cards and so probably wont be available soon.
As to whether it's worth buying only you can decide that, as you know with this hobby things change fast so no one knows how long these channels will remain available.
Premiere has now gone black on the T-Rex 4.6 and the Diablo Cam, and we are awaiting the next developments.
Premiere is back on the Diablo Cam, all that was required was to update the keys, but this process is impossible on the T-Rex 4.6, because it's on the security update, unless done by the developers, so owners just have to wait for the T-Rex support team, if there are any left.